or Connect

Posts by robbie

via fb/twitter: Superfuture just what every website owner wants to hear from their new service provider --> "...Unfortunately, we've tried a number of different ways, but we're going to be unable to host your site at this time. You have far too much irregular traffic......" "I'm going to pass this to our hosting department to assist you in recovering a backup of your site. Naturally, we'll provide a refund for unused service. I'm sorry we weren't able to more effectively...
I am curious how you define thrift store.My definition : charity store that accepts donations and re-sells them for a fraction of their value.Consignment stores aren't thrift stores, antique malls aren't thrift stores, copping ebay is not thrifting.is this how you define thrift store also? Because if so, you need to hit that thrift store up DAILY.
I don't think i'd be able to pull it off personally, but that marbled shirt is beautiful.
I have been in that same enthusiastic place the OP was. If you go back to early 2009 there are pictures of me in these godawful tight as hell Academi selvage jeans I bought. I was pretty excited about them and bought them because they were selvage. I didn't do any research I bought them. 5 wears in they were losing hardware, they never stretched, they were awful. The moral of my story is, yes these jeans are selvage but take a little time to learn about jeans. At 40$...
I actually don't sell on ebay. I tend to sell mostly on the forums, (superfuture,styleforum) and etsy. Outside of shoes I never look at MC stuff ever. I don't own/wear suits, I look through ties occasionally but so often here they are just in a bin. If a place has them hung up I will look through them. I tend to usually just look for workwear (vintage penneys,Wrangler,Levis,Lee, Red Wing, etc) and then 'Americana' I guess is what I'd describe the rest of what I look for...
shit... that dude know's his stuff. my advice : buy him a REALLY nice dinner and ask him for his un-free advice.
Ohh man... Omaha has some of the best thrifting ever. I'd fill up my tank with 12-15$ worth of gas and cruise around. I love Thrift World, the one downtown is the best.I also like the goodwill on ... 84th near 80.And of course all the thrifting in La-Vista,Papillion,etc.I am jealous.Lincoln is where it's at in terms of thrifting. O street, holy shit man, holy shit there is so much stuff. Not to mention up near Wesleyan... them's my stompin grounds. I probably passed up...
^ I agree. If you really want to make 1000 bucks you need more than a month, or you need to find really good stuff: 1st editions of books, shoes, t-shirts, original art, cameras, collectibles, et cetera. For example : that blanket I found cost 8.50. I could resell it on ebay for 100-150$. I bought a Big E (Levis) type 3 last week for less than 10$, considering LVC is over 200 I could resell it for 75 and make someone elses day, as well as my own. I bought a polaroid...
Found this Eaton's 3.5 point trapper blanket : $8.50. Gee I love thrifting in Central NE.