or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Some of my finds from this week...The first shop I visit in Vienna is one where they know me. They're all pretty friendly in there and one woman comes up and asks if I'm looking for anything. I said not really, just sort of looking. She then proceeds to grab shirts of different sizes and hands them to me. She was super nice and handed me a couple of pretty nice shirts. Meanwhile, a guy that is apparently a regular (and really rude) walked in between us and asked what was...
Wes: awesome shoes! GMMcL: Great haul and welcome back! Heading to Vienna this morning...hoping to find a few things.
Thanks! This older couple had a number of cufflinks that were interesting. They were at the flea market and the man said that he'd clean out his drawers and bring some again as he's retired and doesn't need them. He found it interesting that I A) knew what they were; and B) presumably had a use for them.No worries! Can't wait to see it! I catch up on one of the Stockholm street fashion blogs every once in awhile. It can be interesting, but there is apparently no shortage...
I assumed they were reproductions when I bought them, but I thought I should probably check them out. The date is 1780, but that is the date from Maria Theresa and that coin was produced for years afterwards. I've also seen the same Franz Josef portrait on other coins, but it seems like it's a mix between the two. They didn't appear to be gold when I looked at them, so I didn't think much of them, just thought of wearability. However, stranger things have happened than...
I thought that was weird as well! I wasn't going to even post it until I saw his. I come across it every once in awhile, but there are so many fakes. I also have a long sleeved polo from last weekend (not pictured).Nice find on that! Also on the ties...I accidentally deleted the section as I quoted, but I've never seen a Fabergé tie. If this thread is any indication, I'll find one tomorrow. It's a size 1, whatever that means. Pit to pit is about 62cm. You should definitely...
That's a cool duck!Here is one my father carved:
Some recent finds...Knot cufflinksAustrian coin cufflinks. This is confusing, because I don't know this coin. Normally, the back has Maria Theresa, but in this case it has Franz Josef. Any European coin guys know anything about it? [[SPOILER]] Zodiac cufflinksSuede Hogan purse [[SPOILER]] Fusold coat [[SPOILER]] Cashmere double breasted jacketBallantyne polo. Anyone need this?Charvet shirtLa Martina shirtVan Santen & Van Santen shirt
The only thing I can tell you is that it's German. Köln is the German name for the city of Cologne. Bund (or Bundweite) is the waist measurement. Google turned up a post on a World War forum asking about Carl Weyers (link below). It's possible that it was a tailor that made officer's uniforms in Germany. One thing of interest is that Carl isn't the most common spelling, but rather an older spelling in the German-speaking countries. Most people today spell it...
Thanks! I actually have no idea which (if any) I'm going to keep. I have a thing for Hermés....they're really my weak spot. There are a few in there that I already have, so I'll be able to weed some out for sure.Welcome back, Barrel!If I owe you a PM, really sorry, I'll try to get caught up tonight!
Thanks!They're all ties, some were worn a few times, others not at all. I spoilered the photos as there are a lot. [[SPOILER]]