or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

EddieV: Sorry to hear about your brother's troubles. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it through the info everyone's posted here and get your money back!Edited to add: I have no idea why the photos are so terrible. They looked fine here until I saw the uploaded versions I have to say that I've kept up with the thread all week, I've just been too busy to sit down a post. I found a few things this week, though nothing earth shattering.Recent Canali jacket. Nice...
Apparently it was a men's store that closed last year. They actually designed/produced their own clothing. Apparently the owner (Hebert Stock) really loved the business. It's in German only, but maybe google translator would do a decent job, it's interesting.http://www.rp-online.de/region-duesseldorf/duesseldorf/nachrichten/koe-im-wandel-herbert-stock-schliesst-1.2790712It was taken over by a Turkish company after it closed.
Funny to see that! I see their ties every day and have actually picked up a few. They had a terrible '60s-'80s polyester phase, but a lot of the wool ones are great. Really cool pocket square!...and a second name I see fairly often. They do have some nice stuff, though I've never actually bought any thing (I don't think).
I was about to type something so similar to what you wrote and then I saw it. Completely fake. I've seen quite a few fake PRL cashmere sweaters that were actually made of cashmere, but was certainly not sold by PRL.
Double breasted cardigans have been big the past couple of AW seasons, actually. I'm not a huge fan of them personally, but I have come across them a number of times.
How do you guys handle offers on auctions? Obviously it's on a case-by-case scenario, but about 90% of my listings are auction style. I get offers during and after they end, but I prefer to reduce the price and re-list, but I don't want to turn potential buyers off from bidding at the new price. Do you offer discounts in shipping? Knock down the price? Sometimes I'm even insulted that they want to offer 50-60% of what I had it listed AND free shipping. I'm just curious how...
Cool tie. It's something I'd wear 3x a summer, but it's also something I'd look forward to wearing...exactly what I want from thrift prices
I love Boglioli. Someone here (Ogre?) informed me that Etro uses Boglioli as their maker, so I'm keeping an eye on them as well. I may even go retail () on a great suit I saw.
That is unbelievable! Nice find!
I've seen that tag often, but I can't place an exact year. Maybe late '80s or early '90s? Either way, the construction is about the same as today and the style of it has been going around for the past 40+ years, including the pockets and color. Only thing you'll notice is the poly content goes up on certain recent models, if I remember correctly (someone can correct me)>