or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

I was standing in line buying a jacket when I saw two of these at the counter:Inside, vintage ski goggles/glasses. I think they're new old stock. The blue pair has the strap that you can change. Both came with the extra set of dark lenses. Pretty cool. I found a pair of beat up windsurfing glasses from the '80s earlier this year. [[SPOILER]]
I thought that was the case! Hopefully he (or Spoo) will end the suspense!
That concludes the Thrift Thread Gift Exchange 2013. Thanks to all that participated this year. Unfortunately, we had at least two people that did not receive their gift. It's surprising to see something like this happen, and I haven't given up on it. To the guys that didn't receive your gift: I'm still attempting to make contact, it's not forgotten and I'll make it right! I honestly debated publicly listing their SF names, but I decided against it. In the original...
A quick roundup of everyone's gift exchange gifts. I hope I didn't leave anyone out, but let me know if I did (and link me to your post) so I can edit this. [[SPOILER]]
Thrift Thread Gift Exchange 2013 [[SPOILER]]
Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Update Please let me know if you did NOT receive a gift this year. Last call on this, if there are any problems with anything, I'd like to get them straightened out ASAP! I'll multi-quote (including my own, thanks again, Brian!) soon.
Really glad everything finally made it to you! Enjoy!
Thanks!^Correct!It's absolutely thin, but doesn't appear to have been used much, certainly not enough to create wear.Thank you! I read the earlier posts on my phone and could not remember what it was. It was driving me crazy!I had never seen it on this one either which was part of the reason I bought it.Good to know, it's hard to keep them straight.
It would be great to see one of the AV's sponsor this contest with a prize
I was shopping for a camera in November, and I don't know if I properly thanked everyone that gave me some advice. There were a number of people that offered great information including @Fueco, @Snoogz, @ScottW, and @ATLnoob. Thanks again! I ended up going with the Nikon D5100. It hit all of the points including a flip-out LCD, ability to accept my old lenses, and price. It's been great though I still have a lot to learn. I bought it from Camera Centre Cardiff. They had a...