or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

I finally bought GarageSale this afternoon and have been messing around with it. I have to say that I like it a lot so far and that it's fairly intuitive. I certainly don't know all of the ins and outs of it yet, so I'll likely be posting questions here as I encounter them. I wasn't aware that there were two versions of it until I went to search for it on the App store. I went with the full version as it offered a number of options that I thought I'd use. Has anyone ever...
Yeah, it's per household rather than per item. It still irritates me though as you have to pay GIS for the public channels. However, you get the public channels through satellite/cable anyway and a portion of that goes to them. I will say that commercials don't often interrupt things like movies, so that's nice.I'm happy to help pay for education and I hope we can keep it that way. I will say that I expect higher standards for students though and I don't allow mine to...
True words, though. Every other month, I pay €50 to GIS for simply owning a TV/radio. If you have a TV and don't register/pay, you'll eventually get a letter and visit from them. It's ridiculous.
Are you talking about these?Did he send you the same shoes in the picture? Are you sure they're shell?
I'd go with the navy blazer.
Lots of them on there if you search for "amputee shoe" and either "left" or "right." I honestly wonder how many are just stolen display shoes from stores (as many only put one shoe on display).
It's similar to curling, but a bit different. I managed to find a wikipedia article on it:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisstockschiessen [[SPOILER]] I thought it was more widespread than that.I told off a kid for making a huge mess and then breaking a small vase (no one else saw it). I went to his mother and told her to keep an eye on her child, it's not a playground. She didn't understand a word of German, but I think she got the gist. I have few problems making sure...
Cool! I'll check out amazon, ebay, etc. for a copy. In what year was it published?You also inspired me to post a photo of a winter sport that is often played here, Eisstockschießen (anyone have the English on this one?). This one was set up near the city centre.Here is another that I recently hung. It's our (famous) clocktower. It's the city's icon and part of the history behind it was that Napoleon's troops finally captured the city and the citizens paid a ransom to spare...
I know, crazy. Some universities are free. Students choose to finish their "Matura" and immediately begin working or go on to university. They can also choose a different route than the Matura and begin an apprenticeship with a company/store/shop or in a trade. There were actually student protests when they raised the fees a few years ago. Previously, there were no fees and students got upset. Of course, the remainder is paid by us (taxpayers), so it's all relevant....
Interesting! I'm going to check that book out, I'm sure it's a fun read. Lot of photos??