or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Well done on your part and I like your attitude towards the whole thing.Since you mentioned it, my situation/request got lost at some point...
First of all, InHocSignio, I think you bring up a number of great points. I think VLSI remedied the problem of the personal info and made a good decision to edit it, though I still found it funny. I would encourage anyone to vent frustrations that they have with a seller, whether it's an established retail business or on ebay. I also feel that sellers should be able to warn others about terrible buyers which is essentially what VLSI did in this case.Many of us are dealing...
Aaaaand what are the details on these?
Well then, that's settled, we're both awesome Really sorry to hear that, Ray. Never easy. Great haul and this song never fails to put me in a good mood. Everyone can laugh all they want, but I'm sure anyone listening to it is tapping their foot right along with it Awesome haul. I love finding Etro jackets, you can spot that lining from 20 paces. I also like Seaward & Stern stuff. I had someone proxy a pocket square from Barneys' sale and I've since ordered a few things by...
Wow, glad to see that turned out so well for you! I'm happy for you, but even happier to know that His Royal Smugness lost Wow, quite the turn of events. It's not often people are so humble to admit their mistakes. Congrats.Lots of win in here lately!
I love reading things you write. Seriously, whenever I see Bill the Butcher, I prepare myself for something great.
Sorry, it's as much pure frustration as it is entertainment. I dislike breakdowns of social etiquette and ebay really facilitates this. I dislike this man just from his messages.I do a simple box with the jacket folded in quarters. I know at least Capnwes specifically mentions in his ebay listings the sizes of the box that he'll use and that the item will need a pressing.I've found worsted wool to be forgivable in that a hanging will likely take most of the wrinkles out....
Good to know, thanks!
I was thinking about this earlier, but I thought I'd mention it. For those of us that flip, make sure you're keeping in mind the return. I'm sure most people take a quick look at completed listings on ebay, but my rule is to find the average and subtract 20%. Ebay buyers are incredibly sensitive to things and a coat that sold well the week before might not sell well the following week if it's unseasonably warm. Another factor is the number of flaws your item has. I seem to...
The same word can be used for a few different things such as you said. I normally say Nachttisch for a bedside table, but I'd say Kommode for a dresser. I say Kleiderschrank for closet/wardrobe and Kommode for sideboards and things that would go under a TV. Weird.