or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Since it's slow around here today (thread was on the second page!), I'd add what must have been a donation from an American. It's a PRL shirt with the purple label, 100% Sea Island Cotton and made in Singapore. Really nice shirt and I would have grabbed it for someone here, but they wanted €12 or €13 for it. This was my first coffee/cake sitting outside this spring. I'm not normally in the habit of taking pictures of my food, but I originally took a picture to send to...
A couple of interesting finds today. I don't hear much about pipe smoking on this forum, but I thought I'd share (not a collector really): I've flipped over hundreds (if not thousands) of lighters in the search for a Dunhill. This is the closest I've come. Dunhill shell pipe: Dunhill pipe reamer, in its original box/pouch: Nice Persols....unfortunately prescription.
I don't even know if I'm looking for advice on this one, but I need to share. I suppose any advice appreciated I sold a jacket at the end of March for next to nothing. Sent it, never heard from the guy, assumed all was okay until a case was opened and he sent a message that said: He bid on article number XXXX (NOT my item) I then wrote him on 23 March and told him his bid was withdrawn and "diverted" it to auction number YYYY (my item) He then received a fake jacket...
Having little experience with Allen Edmonds, I found these and checked the shell list and believe they match. I am unsure of whether they're a great deal or not, but I thought I'd pass them along here. AE Hamilton, listed as a 10.5E for a buy it now of $59.99: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-made-in-USA-HAMILTON-DARK-BROWN-LEATHER-Slip-on-LOAFERS-SZ-10-5-E-/251248831057?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a7f98ea51 Edited to add: Oh, and due to the crossed out marker on...
That's what I thought, but I've only seen a couple of pairs, one of which didn't sell at €34 I tried them on and they look just as ridiculous as they appear. Love it, well done!It wasn't me! By the time I had actually seen it, I read that you had actually sent a PM, so I didn't even bother with it!
A few recent finds...Recent Canali, 37/33/30 silk/linen/woolAquascutum blazer, made in Italy. Anyone know who made for them?Hugo Boss suit. I usually leave these, but the price was right and it's a navy suit in great condition.Old Homburg. It's an Austrian maker, but I can't find a date. Tag appears pretty old. Unavailable. [[SPOILER]] Scottish wool scarfTony Perotti briefcase. I'd never heard the name, but this was well made. Leather flap, nylon body. Available.Zegna and...
Sorry, I just thought it was a funny image....didn't mean to nitpick!
All good advice. Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers, only positive, so you don't have to worry about that. It's unfortunate that you ended up with something less than stellar on this, and I suppose paying the return shipping is the price of gambling on used items.I hope this doesn't discourage you from buying on ebay, there are a lot of great sellers out there who take care in their transactions. I'm assuming you meant a "dog in the fight," but your...
I offered my services to proxy things from Naples a little while ago. I'm sending out a PM to those that were interested (there will be two PM lists as I think you can only include 8/PM). If anyone else has interest in it, let me know!
That was an entertaining read. ^^^ I don't know whether it's an iPhone thing, a mobile platform thing or user error, but I have a problem. I will be scrolling through a thread and somehow end up automatically at the top. I know it has to do with images in some way, if I scroll too fast over the top of one it does it. I haven't pinpointed the exact problem in order to avoid it. Anyone have any advice? It happens on such a regular basis that it's terribly frustrating.