or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Disregard my above question, you answered it! That is true on all accounts. Missing commas really throw me, I have to read the sentence again, mentally placing a comma in order to fully understand it. Without the needed comma two separate the clauses/thoughts, I read it together in one stream, if that makes sense.HahahahaThanks for the info! I know little about Dior, so that will help me figure it out a bit. I have no idea if there is a difference between years on what is...
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it! When I saw it, I was honestly just shocked. Next thought was about the pants as I couldn't find them. I tore through the men's through the two or three men's pants sections without luck. Finally found them with....you guessed it, women's pants. I've found a lot of the big Italian names, Brioni, San Andrea, etc., but it's definitely something I wouldn't have expected and liken these types of finds to hitting 21 at blackjack when you just...
It can be from the late '70s through the late '80s. That one looks to be early '80s if I were to guess. The sweaters sell, I believe, not sure about vests.
It's really weird how those things work. I have caught myself thinking "I wonder why I haven't ever found XYZ brand," and moments or days later, it pops up somewhere. I don't know whether it's because I'm suddenly more focused on finding it or pure coincidence.I went through 300+ ties yesterday and thought "I haven't found a Drakes, even vintage." Two minutes later and I had one in hand. I thought the same about Kiton and Hermés. No one in my city sells Hermés, but they do...
Here are some of the pictures from yesterday. It's only a fraction of what I brought home, but a lot of things are uninteresting for the thread.Ties:L-R: Drake's, Etro, Zegna, Gucci. I don't know about the Gucci. The tie keeper was coming off and there is no content tag. Is this vintage Gucci or a fake? I'm not into more than .25, so it won't be heartbreaking if it's fake. [[SPOILER]] A bunch of wool ties. I found piles of them on the cheap, so I just grabbed a bunch. I...
Wow, I don't know what to say!Wes, that Brioni is beautiful....love the silk texture. Is that really your first Brioni?Ian, I don't mean to make small complaints as it's the internet and an informal board. You're a regular poster and I'm sure your posts contain good information, but I catch myself skimming or skipping them because they're so poorly written. You've mentioned your education/university plans occasionally, so I'm sure you're capable of using some...
My pleasure! Though I have yet to try it, the soap does smell great. I'll report back once I've given it a go. The double sided brush, though, is really wonderful for the price.
Most of his stuff is cheap enough that I suppose it's worth the gamble. If I remember correctly, he'll accept 50% or less on most OBOs, though I'm not sure if he still offers it. I also think he has a name on SF but only posted a couple of times. I think the theories are that he either bought up clothes destined for recycling or ran his own "donation" bins. Either way, most of his stuff is wrinkled beyond belief. Having said all of that negative stuff, I'm tempted to go...
Thanks!Yeah, he has done almost all BIN for the past year +. I had things proxied here quite awhile ago and won't go back to him. Descriptions of the condition were way off the mark. He deals in volume, so he takes 2-3 terrible photos and packs the item. All questions are ignored, so it's a total gamble when you buy something. His descriptions are meaningless. He could have some great deals, I'm honestly not sure.
Please do, I'm curious. Also, more on that Brioni. That sneak peak showed a great fabric!Also, a PSA: I needed a good clothing brush and grabbed one from Kent Brushes. Their eBay store for their "seconds" is great and I received mine and have nothing but great things to say about it. No detectable flaws.Here is the one I bought:http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUBLE-SIDED-CLOTHES-BRUSH-Kentbrushes-/130844281585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e76ed4af1I also picked up a shaving...