or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Love a three piece suit, especially for a wedding in which most will be wearing proper suits. I understand that...black + white = formal. It's a habit that dies hard. However, I think you'd fit in just as well (if not much better) if you paired a pale blue shirt with a tie (see a go-to tie below), your grey suit (three piece?), and a white linen square in a TV fold.
Not your standard style, Orge, but I really like that one. Is that your RLPL suit? Along with......? Drakes? I have no idea. Love the blue in it, though.
Though I'm not participating, a good choice by Orgetorix. It's fun to see everyone bring in ties they'd never post into a normal day-to-day outfit.
I think I get what you're saying...in simple terms, it looks a bit "wet" when it catches the light?Yes, your goal is to pull a color out that compliments rather than matches the pocket square. Matching patterns and/or colors makes it seem like the tie and square came in a set.Black is frowned upon on SF for a variety of reasons, but one that I strongly agree with is that it looks terrible in full light. It tends to lose its elegance and edge. I understand that you see it...
I own far too many gaudy ties, I'm afraid. While I won't be entering this week, I can say the surest and quickest way to owning a "bold" tie is to either accept one as a gift (from a woman) or take advice on tie buying (from a woman).
I'll give my bit on it. To be completely honest, I'm not crazy about the pocket square. Those are difficult colors with which to work. Is it iridescent? If I had to pull a color out of it, I'd try to utilize the darker blue (?) in the second photo. You don't have to match it exactly and I'd encourage going a shade or two darker. Finally, is it a daytime wedding? If so, I'd skip the black suit and wear the dove grey suit you are using in your example.
Wow! What is that, Duchamp?Edit: From a distance, you can't tell how much is going on in it!
What you knowin’ about wearing a fur fox skin Nice! Caruso?I've been busy with work so I've been skimming the thread, but I don't think it's been mentioned...terrible to see James Gandolfini die. Jersey guys (Brian, et al), is the state in mourning? A really talented actor.
Yeah, most are beat to hell that you find out there. I honestly like Tod's a lot, but I wouldn't really buy them used (for myself). These are for kids (size 28). I'd never seen them before and they were cheap enough to grab.
Just a few recent finds...Tricker's [[SPOILER]] Vintage Carrera shades [[SPOILER]] Battistoni tie. Not stained, just the lighting. [[SPOILER]] A first for me, DSquared2 [[SPOILER]] Junior Tod's [[SPOILER]]