or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Exotic experts out there, any way you could help ID whether this is real croc or embossed based on these pictures? No mention of the material on the item itself.
A couple of recent things...Zegna (didn't see the wear until I got home)ZegnaDolce & GabbanaChurch's custom grade. Less than perfect condition. [[SPOILER]]
Far better than a live snake in the mail.
Last year, my wife and I visited the US. I had the goal of hitting the thrifts along the way and paying for the entire holiday. I am still selling off things I found last summer and ended up paying for about 90% of it. This year, I'm paying for the entire trip from my thrift account and my budget is considerably larger.As anyone here knows, it's a lot of work to do this (if you're doing it right, that is), but it's great to see other people that have reached their goals....
Spoo, you're certainly doing something right when the people that buy your items are also the same that tell you congratulations when you take that money and buy a Ferrari. Well done once again! Keep up the good work and the customer service, it can be a valued rarity today.
I love all of the panamas that have been posted lately. I'm heading to Naples soon, so I'm going to try to find a new one.Here is a rather rare color (I think) for a felt Borsalino:In use:An older Homburg by Habig in Vienna. Can't seem to date it. [[SPOILER]]
Thanks! Perfect for Gatsby-themed garden parties, right?
Spoo, I'll echo everyone's congratulations. It's quite the accomplishment!Finds from this week...Cool Ballantyne jacket. That's a Caruso label, right? Unavailable. [[SPOILER]] Weird Costume National polo. [[SPOILER]] These retail for far less (€50-100) than I would have guessed based on quality. It wasn't a brand I knew, but a Codello scarf. [[SPOILER]] Couple of Zegnas.There were a few other finds this week, but mainly boring stuff. I've been busy the past couple of...
Yes, but that "gauze looking stuff" can actually be wool or silk, linings found in high quality ties. A good tie maker will use the proper lining for the tie they're creating, whether they want a rigid body or a soft body.I'm really not sure about the lining thing. I have a number of Hermés and they all curl inward after 1-2 wearings. I definitely see the sheen of cheap silk and the feel is a big part of it, but I still haven't sorted all of it. Furthermore, silk will snag...
The problem is that if a friend/trusted person's account is hacked (or from phishing scams), you'll receive an email and click the link. It's best to simply log in to your account at the third party, i.e. PayPal, and go from there (if it's a promotion). If it's a stupid video/news article/picture from a friend or relative, google it quickly. It's never advisable to click on a link within an email if you can go through independent channels to find the same thing. At the...