or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Subscribed! I'll eventually get some shots of some of mine. I was considering stopping by the shop to take a look at a new Panama, so maybe I can get some shots of those as well.
(Quoting myself for future readers)Follow-up on this: I called Hermes Paket Service that confirmed that they had used DPD to do the delivery. They gave me the DPD tracking info and the exact station it was. I uploaded that information to PayPal and within two hours the buyer had confirmed that he needs to pick it up, closed the case, picked it up, and left positive feedback.Thanks Spoo!
I grabbed these from a local consignment shop. Not terribly cheap, but they're new. It's also a bit rare to find something like that in my size. I also got an identical pair in a smooth tan leather.I'm posting this for fun. I bought this jacket a couple of years ago (non-thrift) because I fell in love with it. It's a horse hide motorcycle jacket handmade by Riccardo Bestetti. It was one of two made. The problem is that since I've owned it, I've worn it exactly 1 time for...
Thank you for that info! I sent it via Hermes Paket Service, and they require a signature. I assume it's at one of their stations, but tracking isn't showing which one exactly. I'm going to call them to find out the exact location and then post that to PayPal. Certainly the buyer could have done this, as I would if it were my package, but I won't argue with that one.Good question. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this was a low value item and the shipping costs were half of...
I just had a case opened against me from a French guy that bought something. I sent it with a tracking number and the last entry says that they attempted to deliver it and he wasn't home. He has the tracking number and can see this as well. In the dialogue within PayPal, he writes in French (he wrote English to me before he bought it) that they attempted to deliver the package and he wasn't home and that they didn't leave him a slip. Since he didn't message me first to...
Sorry, I must have missed this!If you're looking for some sort of database that would apply to all European brands like Union tags, it would be hard to find something similar. If you're looking for how to identify quality, you'll have to get to know your better local tailors and look at things like zippers and snaps for brands. The vintage stuff is great and (generally) of high quality.The thing I always look out for is polyester. When polyester became popular, it was...
I hadn't noticed that until I saw the picture. Next time I wear that jacket, I'll take a look as I had always thought the shoulders fit. Either I wasn't paying attention or the photo was a bit off due to my arms. Possibly both.They're ivory, but I do have white pants I wear in the summer Thanks! Those trousers fit me well and it's silly that I only wear them 3-4 times per year I mostly throw them up there for the fun of it, but I always welcome critique. It's the best way...
I haven't done it in awhile, so a quick fit pic. I may have made some alternate choices this morning, but I was running late, so I just went with what I had. [[SPOILER]]
I wish I knew the maker. The patter lines up really well and it's decently made. Unfortunately, I believe Austrian law requires clothes to have tags in German and therefore most of everything (every major brand) has the same generic maker tag as far as content and size go. It's terribly frustrating as very few Italian and English makers have their original tags in German and therefore replace them with these generics.
...and especially so if you happen to thrift a couple of dead pheasants