or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Recent finds...Silk elephant scarf [[SPOILER]] Funny name for some desert boots. Price tag still in schillings (ATS 400 = ~€30) [[SPOILER]] Super thick Etro cotton/silk tie, Hugo Boss Baldessarini tie [[SPOILER]] Vivienne Westwood tie [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] Alt Wien women's loafers, made by Crockett & Jones [[SPOILER]] Canali cord jacket [[SPOILER]] Canali dark (dark) navy or black summer blazer, MOP buttons. [[SPOILER]] Weird double breasted trench/car coat 100% linen...
Good point. Ashish mentioned it when I asked about linen/cotton blends a few weeks ago during the linen sale, I just didn't want to add to their huge volume of email (though posting the question isn't any better... ).I wanted to see more 70/30 cotton/linen blends for both pants and shirts...I can make those work 3 seasons. I was told there would be a larger linen purchase this month and it would be available for summer orders.
What size is it? I would be interested in it just because I tend to destroy summer jackets.
I love both Aquascutum and Grefell, as @comrade mentioned. You don't hear a lot about them, and I haven't bought something from them in a couple of years, but it's some of the best out there. I also have a Polo Ralph Lauren (made in Italy) that I bought about two years ago. It's partially lined in wool and some of the stiffest cotton canvas I've seen. It does a great job. Beyond that, I have a poly/cotton blend that is a house brand from a local men's store. Well made and...
I picked some art up a couple of weeks ago. I bought it at a gallery, so not "thrift" really, but it wasn't crazy expensive. I'm just posting as there seems to be a pretty good amount of personal interest in various types of art. These are hand colored lithographs. The bird (not the flamingo) is the oldest at ca. 1600, the tigers and giraffes are from around 1900. I love the look of early 1900s explorer/adventurer animal prints, vacation ads, etc. Should anyone have...
@luxire/@LuxireStudio: Any word on the linen shirting that is supposed to be available this month? Any idea whether there will be linen/cotton blends suitable for both pants and shirts? Thanks!
Happy Easter, everyone!Thanks for the info! I assumed it wasn't anything great, but gambled with it. I'll replace the battery and throw it on a cheap strap.@troika's dye project from several months (or years?) ago inspired me to do my own project. I grabbed a pair of suede driving shoes extremely cheap because one was faded from being on display. I didn't really like the color while I was in the store, but I thought it would be a fine base color to dye. (Big thanks to...
Re: Best offers/lowballers I'm not crazy about adding the "best offer" option to listings, but people still offer whether it's there or not. When it comes to people that lowball, it's natural to take offense for the first few seconds. However, I always think about it as an opening to negotiation. On ebay, many of us are basically just waiting for someone to look at your listing and buy it. When I get any interest, even if it's an incredibly low number, I tell myself it's...
I also grabbed this, but I don't know much about it. It feels pretty cheap and doesn't say it's made in Switzerland. I'm into it €, so I may just throw it on a nylon band and wear it. Anybody have a clue?
Re: famous peopleI've sent some things to a few famous/"important"/whatever-types. One of the more fun was a well-known European actress that was named one of the top five sexiest women in the world by a major magazine. To answer your question, a Barbour scarf.A few recent finds (nothing available)... [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] Unbranded pocket squareVintage silk scarfFjällräven Trekking shirtHugo Boss Baldessarini by Caruso [[SPOILER]]