Posts by HansderHund

Couple of outerwear pieces I found the other day... Paul & Shark wool/alpaca with a few minor issues. Fay parka. For some reason, I love finding Fay stuff.
Every project I touch turns into something infinitely more complicated than the original plan. Case in point: I was going to do a bit of work on what will be my son's bedroom. Fix a few holes, fresh paint, etc. Three hours into it, my wife checked on me:
Quoting from last year: To our Christian members and others that celebrate: Merry Christmas! To our Jewish friends: Happy Chanukah! Enjoy empty movie theaters and great Chinese food if you're out tonight! To many others: Happy winter solstice! To our atheist friends: Enjoy another day of the year where you feel confident that you can live a fulfilled life following an accepted set of norms and values that reflect modern society!
Happy holidays to everyone! Hope you're enjoying your time off and/or eating/drinking! Thrifts are closed here through the 26th, but I managed to swing a deal. After running a quick errand with the dog, I swung in to a Christmas tree lot. I decided to get an additional tree to add to the foyer, the main tree was already up. Anyway, you have never experienced the power of leverage in a negotiation until you buy a Christmas tree on December 24th, minutes before they...
@SpooPoker Great finds! Pretty sure that Paul Stuart is by Regent Handtailored (Germany). If it has a German internal tag, I would recognize their older tags (as well as more modern, but I've only seen that "Handarbeit" small tag on older pieces).
"Anthony is a cunt hair away from running all of north Jersey, and I am that cunt hair."
That's incredibly helpful! I know they functioned...the face looked original, but that's about as far as I got. You're right in that there are so many variables, that it would take some time to figure out whether it was reliably worth the money or not. Unfortunately, I love the thrill of going with my gut and taking a spin on something (or not). With watches, this attitude can cost one quite a bit of money quickly! I may just grab the cheap one for myself. If I end up a...
Thanks for the help! I figured it was a long shot that anyone could give any real numbers based on the little information I offered. The guy didn't even know they were in his shop. I saw a couple of Omega pocket watches and asked whether he had any others. He said unfortunately not. I look a couple of cases over and spot these. He laughed and said that he forgot they were there. Since he had them priced at €150 and €350, think I'd be relatively safe shooting him an offer...
Quick question for watch guys. I'm out of my element with Omegas, but came across two today. The first was a Geneve, from the '60s, if I had to guess. Some wear/scratches and needs a new strap. Asking €150. The second watch just said "Automatic" under Omega. Better overall condition and I did like it more. €350 on it. I doubt these are insane prices, but do they sound below market?
Funny that this conversation took place yesterday, first stop today:A bit later in the day:I ended up grabbing the first pair and leaving the second (for women, heavily used).Anyway, took a couple of shots of my small collection:Backstock. Varying conditions including stretched, open seams, dirt, etc. The four on the right are in very good condition, but for women.Better pictures of the driving gloves:This hat really stood out. Older, but well made and vivid colors. I...