or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Smart thing I should do! When I buy something that's a sort of nothing-brand, I do make a big deal of it. Oh, and the old lady that volunteers trots something out every time and says "Oh, Hr. HansderHund, this would look great!" I buy one of her suggestions every couple of weeks and then redonate it a couple of months later.
Here's a new request I've never had: A guy wants me to trace my foot on a piece of paper and email it to him so he can determine whether he would fit a pair of shoes. Sounds incredibly strange and I'm definitely not doing it, but I think he's serious about this plan.
I personally think that all negotiations should have taken place before you agreed to buy the product. If they had a sale planned, they could have mentioned it in order seal the deal, but they didn't and you still wanted it at the full price. It could also be a case of putting things on sale because, with your sale, they now can. For example, they sold enough at full price and can move it over to a bigger discount. Beyond that, maybe they have odd sizes left and they want...
A bit late to the conversation, but I'll add that I, too, have a compulsion to rehang/pick up things. Part of it is because it takes two seconds to do it and I may as well since I'm standing there anyway, and the other part is that I'm such a regular, I'd hate to get the reputation of being "that guy." One time, I was hanging a few pieces and the guy that obviously left them there asked me a question. I said "Oh, I don't work here," and he looked a bit puzzled and said...
Some awesome hauls recently, @GMMcL, unbelievable post! Beautiful coat, Frenchy!Found this incredibly nice leather coat. It's handmade, but the brand isn't anything known. The buttons are from an Austin Healey. Anyone have any ideas? Great leather and heavy as hell. Generic M sizing, probably somewhere between M and L. [[SPOILER]]
Recent finds...Not sure why the picture is so terrible. Jacket from Regent. Regent would be the German equivalent of Oxxford. [[SPOILER]] This dreamboat is 100% silk and also Regent. Size 50, available.Since pick stitching is often mentioned and we talk about misidentifying machine work for hand stitching, I thought I'd include a closeup of this jacket. This is done by hand. You can see how it's a bit uneven and it doesn't stand out.Regent wool/mohair suitSpring/Easter...
Work has been sucking out my very soul lately, so I have a few things to post this weekend. Thanks to everyone that's been posting, it's a nice distraction reading along. If I owe you a PM, I'll do my best to read them this weekend!In the meantime, and thoroughly not thrift related, I got one of these emails this week. I forgot they existed:I decided to respond. You can follow the chat in the spoiler. My question, though, is where should I take this? I'd love to somehow...
Congratulations! I am assuming that the photo is taken from the kitchen? As in the small room photographed is across from the kitchen? If you are planning on using it as a pantry, would you put doors on it? It would be a bit of a shame to close it off entirely as it has two windows' worth of natural light. What's behind the windowless wall? Any chance of knocking it out? Could you run plumbing to it? Just throwing out ideas! If storage is a must, I'm sure there are a...
Only a few here, but the website for other labels is helpful:http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/brooks-brothers/
I didn't even realize it, but yes, very . The Woolrich was a one-off, I've found 1 US-made Woolrich and 1 Filson shirt in my life.Edit: UK, Italy, Austria, and Germany represented.Sounds vaguely German, but "kaufen" is to buy.