or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Thrilled they worked out for you! That cashmere jacket was my favorite thrift pick up of December. Can't wait to see what you put together with it!To those that PMed about the Isaia: I had 12 (!) people ask about it, so I'll get back to you with measurements in order!
Glad they made it! Really sorry I sent them at the end, rather than the beginning, of my trip. Always happy to proxy should you need it. Austrian Post should be delivered via USPS and 99% chance you won't get hit with duty on packages!OH, and those ties are AWESOME! I still have the boxes should you need them, along with the receipt, which I forgot to include. However, by the sound of it, maybe your wife shouldn't see it. These guys are correct...I thought the "higher"...
Zegna, if I remember correctly from the thread. Probably made in Mexico, their N. American Zegna manufacturer.
PM Sent!
I made it back home! Big shout outs to all of the guys that offered to show me around, meet up, gave up their insider spots, etc. I don't want to call you all out, but every PM was helpful and sincerely appreciated.If anyone here has someone that works for United Airlines, please let me know! We were without half of our luggage for all but the last 6 days of our trip. I'm going to claim my admittedly reasonable expenses, but I received so little help from the airline it's...
Happy new year, everyone! Here are just a few shitty pictures I took. I've picked up some Cucinelli pants from a few places. Not thrift, but below ebay. Zanellas were a steal at $17. NWOT and W34. Available to anyone that would wear them for cost, tax, shipping + a beer. Double pleats. Treating myself. RLBL 95/5 wool/cashmere.
Checking in! I just caught up on the thread. We arrived safely, but without 50% of our luggage. It's been almost a week and a half and we have had to buy a bunch of stuff just to get by. After spending HOURS on the phone and visiting airports, I think I have it resolved. The trouble is we won't be able to pick it up at the address until January. As far as thrifting goes, I've had some relatively poor luck. A few pickups and a bunch of passes. I've done some damage at the...
They're also called bridge coats. At the airport and going over the things I forgot to do. 19 hours remaining before I empty the stores! Edit: I'm an idiot, just saw your addition. Carry on.
Well, I just read the last few pages and it felt like someone was trying to pump me up for war, not to go dig through used clothes that people no longer wanted. This scene kept popping into my head, albeit a slightly crazier version: Anyway, to my gift exchange partner: Unfortunately, nothing arrived yesterday and I'll be leaving in the morning. I'll be sure to post photos when I get back in January! I'm going to be in the US for the next few weeks, hitting a few...
This is a huge help. I agree with what you're saying and I think it's probably the best move. When it comes to a tailor, I'm looking for a long term relationship. I may start with a pair of trousers and see how they do and go from there. The younger son probably only has about 10 years on myself, so I'm probably discounting him too soon.You're also probably right about the father. He does tend to be there more reliably than anyone else, and last time I caught him double...