or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

A big thanks to @dappercanadian for my thrift exchange gift! He sent it in December and the post was a bit slow to get it to me. Either way, it is an awesome package full of incredibly useful things. Check out that RLPL! A big THANK YOU to everyone that donated and participated in the exchange this year. I hope to see you all on the list for the next round!
Haha, I zoomed in on the photos and came up with an answer. Continued reading only to find out that it had already been answered! It is stamped Austro-Hungarian, but written in Polish. The first lines mention Rymanów in Poland. I would have guessed taxes as well.@Doomsticks: I had the same thought...I had coffee and thought "Ahh, this sounds far more interesting than the other work I have to do in front of me. Yes, this suddenly takes priority."
Awesome tie and congratulations @ChetB!
Here is another quote that is of interest. This one is from April of 2014.
I originally wrote/posted this in November of 2013. I thought it might be an appropriate time to quote myself as we have a bunch of new posters recently
And an Austrian flag, to boot!1st Dibs was the site I was considering for a group membership.
Wow, @GMMcL! I was going to quote my favorite thing, but I couldn't pick one out...amazing!
Would people here be interested in a group membership to an art/antique website that gives historical price data? So often I run a search only to find results that require a subscription for the useful bits of information. Beyond interest, is a group/shared membership ordinarily banned in subscription agreements/terms of service?
My pleasure. You'll see that date on a lot of Italian-made stuff if you look at the fine print. Again, that haul is insane!The Italian reference:Legge 883/73Testo della LEGGE 26 NOVEMBRE 1973, n° 883 “Disciplina della denominazione e della etichettatura dei prodotti tessili” coordinato con le integrazioni e le modifiche di cui alla legge 8 agosto 1977, N°632 e legge 4 ottobre 1976, N° 669.The law goes into detail, but the gist is that it declares that all garments must be...
Amazing haul @eazye ! That Caruso is modern...I'm on mobile, but I assume that date is 26.11.1973? If it is, it's in reference to Italian textile law, not a made date.