or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Quick question for watch guys. I'm out of my element with Omegas, but came across two today. The first was a Geneve, from the '60s, if I had to guess. Some wear/scratches and needs a new strap. Asking €150. The second watch just said "Automatic" under Omega. Better overall condition and I did like it more. €350 on it. I doubt these are insane prices, but do they sound below market?
Funny that this conversation took place yesterday, first stop today:A bit later in the day:I ended up grabbing the first pair and leaving the second (for women, heavily used).Anyway, took a couple of shots of my small collection:Backstock. Varying conditions including stretched, open seams, dirt, etc. The four on the right are in very good condition, but for women.Better pictures of the driving gloves:This hat really stood out. Older, but well made and vivid colors. I...
I stared at that picture trying to figure out the personalities of your family. Is there going to be a fight breaking out over who gets the hair follicle model, or do you have a dermatologist in the family?Does the Jenny doll go to the same person receiving the book on Gumpisms?No matter, I wish you were my uncle!
I picked them up at a flea market. The woman wanted €5 each, and I offered €8 for both. She immediately accepted and seemed quite pleased, though not nearly as pleased as I was with the transaction.On another note, I watch Home Alone every year and always admire Peter Mcallister's Burberry duffle coat. I actually found the women's version this year, now to find it in my size.
I know, they're really great and they were €4. I would swear they were new. I've been incredibly fortunate in finding a good number of peccary gloves in my size, which is relatively small. I have them in browns, tans, cream, and black. In total, 5-6 pairs. I found a stash of NOS gloves once, presumably a glover (had to double-check that one) had died and they were from his shop.This pair is one of my favorites, really like the color. It's also the only pair I own that are...
One more find. I happened to love the pattern on these, but they may not be everyone's taste. The price was too good to pass up, but I'll have to piece together then rest of the collection. At least the dinner plates were there. Villeroy & Boch Fasan (pheasant) set in green:
Just a few quick recent finds...Couple more pairs of Peccary gloves. The dark brown seem to be rarely worn or NOS. Both fit brilliantly. [[SPOILER]] Grabbed these at the flea market on the cheap. I did a package price and took a gamble on the one I didn't know (not a coin guy). Was happy to find out I may be able to get more than my money back on the Barber half-dollar. If anyone has any other relevant info, I'm all ears! I'm trying to create a mental list of special coins...
Isn't it? In fact, I've always liked ducks, especially wood ducks (these) and ringed teals, for some odd reason. Really pretty print, thrift fit pic on its maiden voyage.Thanks for the info on Bel y Cía, guys! The silk has a great hand to it, if a Kiton label had been tacked to the back, I would have been fooled.I think it's amazing that I can receive gifts from someone that I've never met that actually hit the mark!
Huge shoutout to @concealed for sending me an awesome gift exchange package! I had it under the tree, but I grabbed it last night to open. I actually forgot to include my own name to be drawn this year, but Wes was able to make arrangements.Love everything, I'll certainly get some use out of it! I think my favorite it the Seaward & Stern tie, really like the bold color. The Bizzocchi pocket square is neat. The print is gradated, but it's identical on both sides. Is that...
Huge shoutout to @concealed for sending me an awesome gift exchange package! I had it under the tree, but I grabbed it last night to open. I actually forgot to include my own name to be drawn this year, but Wes was able to make arrangements.Love everything, I'll certainly get some use out of it! I think my favorite it the Seaward & Stern tie, really like the bold color. The Bizzocchi pocket square is neat. The print is gradated, but it's identical on both sides. Is that...