or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Brilliant, thank you!
Great idea on the box. I have 3-4 Hermès ties that are completely stained to contribute. I think I even have a decent fake around here somewhere that came in a tie lot that would be a nice comparison. I'll see whether I have anything else, but a fabric comparison would be neat to see the various weaves.I keep picturing the time the police came to school to show us various drugs/paraphernalia on a big board. [[SPOILER]] Looks like there may be some interest in this. I...
I was asked by a fellow member about umbrellas, specifically from Kirchtag in Salzburg. I happened to hit on one that is 50% off and wondered whether there would be any interest on a group buy? I could order them here and send them to someone in N. America that could then distribute. Not completely cheap (€119 each), but not bad for a high quality umbrella. I do NOT own one of these (so no personal experience), but have a couple of very nice umbrellas. I can honestly say...
Here, called a "Verlängerter"Thanks! Didn't think so, just wanted to be certain. Looks like I'll just cut the center piece out for a square.Thought I'd share some pictures. I have meant to take shots inside Wilhelm Jungmann & Neffe in Vienna, but I've forgotten every time. It's a rather famous fabric/accessories store in Vienna. My pictures are terrible compared to those on their website (click above), but it's a really neat place. I may be going back this week, should...
Thank you for the helpful info! I suppose that explains why they ended up at such a discount. This is the conversation (really just a few comments) that I read as I'm catching up on the thread...
Recent (-ish) finds...Anyone want to take a guess at the brand before the spoiler? Don't worry, I'll change the laces. [[SPOILER]] Another pair, a bit beat up:Beautiful boots...with shoe bags. Size UK 10 (approx. EU 44)NWOB, EU 41.5 (possibly store display) [[SPOILER]] New tie/PS from a local store: [[SPOILER]] NWT tie. The brand isn't anything terribly special, but grabbed it for myself for €1 [[SPOILER]] Couple of other housel-labelled ties: [[SPOILER]] 4x Atkinsons (3...
[[SPOILER]] Thanks, everyone! We're, of course, very excited. By this point, I'm only mildly terrified of actually holding the baby. I'm perfectly fine holding 6+ month olds, but newborns seem so fragile. In my mind, it's the equivalent of "Here, Hans, hold onto this nuclear warhead. Don't worry, you won't drop it...but if you do, you'll destroy Earth."Thanks! Last summer I redid a half-bath. You helped me with the plans on building a cabinet (thanks again!), which I may...
I've been caught up with a number of projects and once I got behind, I thought I would just catch up before I posted. Unfortunately, I've been 2,000+ posts behind for several weeks. It's been a blast reading though, some unbelievable finds. I haven't thumbed any posts as I thought that would confuse those that receive email notifications. I would have thumbed hundreds of posts over the past couple of months though!Nice to be noticed when I'm gone though, thanks @SpooPoker....
Go to laposte.fr and enter in your US tracking number. I am willing to bet you'll see more detailed information now that it's in its arrival country.