or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Were you listing auctions or buy it now? If it were the latter (and 30 day listings) then they'd end after 1 November, so they probably wouldn't qualify.A silly new requirement by ebay, by the way.
Seriously, I'll take it at that price.He's my favorite architect and I've been buying furniture with his aesthetic in mind.
+ 1 to what Spoo said. Catch and release, if that is the case. Some jobs just aren't worth the risk or cost. I would say many shoulder adjustments, all armhole alterations, and most shortenings all fall within this category. They're expensive and you need a skilled tailor. Even if those two factors are met, you'll still end up with something less than perfect.
@rhyme & @Nataku : great hauls! Nat, if you need to get rid of Ny of those ties..... @Orgetorix: I'm sorry, I forgot to congratulate you guys on your new addition! Best wishes!
Yes, that's what I was alluding to.Also, I'm in the market for a leather log strap/carrier. I'd like to have something made in the USA, Canada, Europe, etc. I looked at Filson, but theirs is only in canvas (I'd prefer all leather). I know some of you guys know your outdoors stuff, so I'd love to hear recommendations!
Though the thread is populated by sellers, that shouldn't change the situation...you were sold something under false pretenses. It was labelled "new," sold as a new item, and it's not. That's not right. Terrible sellers bring everyone down, it makes people skeptical of ebay.That said, I'd contact the seller and lay it out to them: the item is not new, but in fact used. Attach photos of the flaws and clearly state your case to them. I'd even offer them a resolution: state...
Just posted this in the recent purchases thread, but I thought I'd add it here. I've been getting ready for winter by buying new blankets. There's a lot of overpriced crap out there, but this one is a keeper. If anyone wants the details, let me know. I'm going to be ordering more from them soon and can proxy (though shipping may be easier direct as it's from the UK - well, Scotland. )
Received this today. Prepping for the cold weather as the evening have already gotten pretty cool here.
But I'd suggest that you take a look at @Holdfast. In his signature line, he has a link for advice on entering medical school. He's a medical doctor and has written a book on the matter, in fact.
Story time. I'm pulling this out of the file called "Heartbreak Hotel." About a month or six weeks ago, I ran into a store and saw some nice shoes that were new. It's one of the stores that only puts out one shoe rather than the pair, but I see this: Great! They even fit! I take my one shoe and go up to the counter. I had about three pairs at the time. The guy goes to the back to grab them. I immediately see a problem with my EGs. Uh oh... Right foot is EG,...