or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Gift Exchange Reminder I'm going to assume that everyone has received their gifts (and sent/posted a quick thanks) from our 5th annual exchange. If you have NOT received a gift, please contact the person that sent you your SF member (either Capnwes or myself). We each only had half the list, so I don't have his list and he doesn't have mine. At this point, we'll just give you the SF member's name and you can get in touch with them directly. It's entirely possible that...
Thanks! I was about to check out with something small and saw them behind the counter. It was a good day!
One more...
And another...
I'll throw this one in...
Here's to a great year!
You're spot-on with your information! Guy said (and they certainly look) '60s. The Geneve is a hand wind. I'm going to follow your advice and get a tool kit...you're sure I can't mess anything up (too much)? I'll start reading up on them. I have passed on a number of watches due to lack of knowledge, but I'd certainly like to change that.I offered him €400 on the spot for both and he jumped at it. I was afraid that I came in too high, but it was close to closing and end of...
Really? Thanks! Unfortunately, they weren't thrift prices, though I'd have been happy to pay €2/each
Glad to hear that it FINALLY got solved! Man, you guys were cursed!Great stuff that you received. I actually don't think the Zegna scarf is vintage, it's from the relaunch they did of the Lancia Thema from two or three years ago. Either way, great scarf!
I happened to be near this shop today, so I popped in to take a look at them. Even though @thebuddahman offered me some sound advice on how to approach it, I just went for it and shot him an offer. I'd love to hear what the watch guys think of them. Haven't opened them, but I assume a watch place would be the best place to do that. The owner said they came from a collection of watches an old guy had, but I'm not too sure. What model is the one that just says "automatic?"...