or Connect

Posts by HansderHund

Congratulations, Nat!
That about sums it up! My wife and I use this phrase often. He has good intentions but is miserable at expressing them sometimes.That's great and I think I'll say something like that next time someone buys a house/apartment...just to plant the seed and make them a bit paranoid.We have to get our cars inspected annually and one year, I got my report - failed for a number of reasons. I was shocked as it was a car in good condition without major faults, regular service, etc....
Thanks! Not a huge amount...he helped us move everything. He's a decent guy, but sometimes catches me off guard. An example: A couple of weeks ago I was at his house and asked a question about a local lumber yard. He wondered why I was asking. I said that I'm building a new bed frame. His response was "why? what's wrong with your bed? It's fine!" I said we wanted something else, what we had was cheap and bought when we first got married. He goes "well, it's cheaper to buy...
I have been absent for a few weeks now. I bought a house and due to moving, getting internet access, and doing a bunch of renovations, I haven't been able to post. I do, however, have a bunch of stuff to photograph and post. I've had some decent luck in the past month, so I'll try to get things posted.For now, what I bought: [[SPOILER]]
It's likely high due to brokerage fees. For me, FedEx and UPS are brutal with theirs. The Post has a fee, but it's not terrible.
^ This was my attempted point, though I can now see that it wasn't as I thought.Edited: wasn't clear in my thought.
Ah, okay. I am of the opinion that many poor dressers are the result of trying to stand out. I do understand your point that dressing well sets you apart, which would fall under my OP as something to avoid. I don’t think this contradicts my point, but I believe it illustrates that my point wasn’t clear.
For my own clarification, are you saying that dressing poorly is detached from standing out? As in, there are two broad categories: dressing well and dressing poorly. The means by which one achieves either is unimportant, simply that they arrived at this conclusion.
I didn’t even finish your sentence before I concluded with a resounding “no, I can’t” in my head.Those that dress, or dressed, well set themselves apart simply by dressing well. Even if I look at some of the best dressed members here, they certainly don’t look like the general population. Having said that, there likely are/were certain people that did what they did to blend in - which would be why I couldn’t name them.I do think that many people are misguided in an attempt...
Though it’s the internet and I shouldn’t be surprised, I actually am at the fact that a tongue in cheek note elicited such a response from you. I didn’t call anyone out specifically for making choices that aren’t to my taste, though you seem to think that would be a better strategy. No, I simply wrote that it’s silly to try to stand out from a crowd when you can’t first adhere to the basics.You, on the other hand, referred to me separately as a “massive tool,” “cock,” and...