or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

...don't have to write it myself: Quote: Originally Posted by dave I'm going with the 60s because of it's historic merit as well as the plain ol kickassedness of everything that pre-dates the damn hippies. 60s soul is still THE staple in my rotataion. early to mid-60s sees the birth of ska & rocksteady. (depending on who you listen to it could've been the 50s but Roland alphonso says '62 so I say '62) late 60s is proto-punk garage rockers like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart hard to tell since most originals photos are in b/w but werent the dark brown ones supposedly more popular than the oxbloods in the 60s (?) ...that's what I heard, too. Don't know wether the ones I saw were NOS or wether there was a small run of browns in the 80s...
Quote: Originally Posted by lance konami (...) with docs you have a long history behind them, not all pleasant. ...history is NEVER all pleasant - just think what roman sandals did before those became hippy footwear ("Gallia omnia divisa est in partes tres...)...
...a long time ago I saw a few dark brown 1460s and astronauts around (not greasy leather but normal). Liked those quite a bit but never owned a pair. Seem to have disappeared... ...and I was thinking about other 'emotional' shoes. There are none - or maybe Birkenstocks (in a very negative way...)...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart (...)I've been wearing em since the mid 80s(...) ...wouldn't have wanted to see what had happend if you wore those WHITE boots to a skinhead show in '86, 87. At least around here they would have been kind of oxblood afterwards - well at least blood... ...call me boring or conservative but cherry red, oxblood or black are the only colours I'd wear (well, I actually wear those...)...
6876!?! ...very football - VERY!!! ...but also really nice....
cuffed: stacked: inverted turnups:
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart this band was the shit back in their day, Jook. post-skinhead, post-suedehead, post-casual, post-smoothie, proto-glam, pre-oi boy band ...may i correct: pre-casual but 100% bootboy!
...cheating a bit in the other direction (1980) but I loved the style...
...love this thread!