or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

...just a note on Fred Perry - if you look at all the pics you can find just one(!) guy sporting one - seems they weren't as popular as many people think now... ...another big influence for the contemporary look was for sure the casual movement, which actaually is much more going with the spirit of mod/skin (soulstylists - yeah!) than punk. Thats how sportswear (e.g. Pringle, Lonsdale, Adidas Sambas) became so popular...
...go ahead! (...and just to be a smartass - the style section was done by Jim Ferguson...)... ...off to nürnberg!
Quote: Originally Posted by starcrash (...) Those were super-popular in the 80's, not just for skins. ...most of the typical skinhead items were or became popular anyways - come on, which copmpany would produce things for a subculture that makes less than one percent of a (industrial state's) population? It's the combination of items that make up the style... ...I'm still having the spirit of 67 - or the one of my signature...
Yes - waffle knit would be right! Berk in Burlington Arcade used to sell one in camel hair - so that would have even been a proper colour. But at the moment there doesn't seem to be one...
...not quite right - this 'pimply' structure would be, what I was looking for...
...that's about an quite near to where I live - so if you ever visit her birthplace... ...a style question: something I see on a lot of old pics but rarely (if ever) on the street/gig/weekender are those chunky cardigans with a structured knit. Has this knit or the cardy a special name? Can one get these anywhere? Any history? Like this one (would prefer a better fit though...) http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0bwB9D...04386224668248
Outfit will be traditional suedehead - b+w gingham BD, grey tanktop, white levis, orange socks and black brogues - and as it's snowing the trusty sheepskin (with the beer stains on the sleeves from holding up the bar)...
...actualy NEVER! I really have to think back quite a while to remember the last Oi! gig I went to (I think it was Los Fastidios) let alone acomplete Oi! festival... Soul and reggae is what it is for me... Tomorow:
...just only found this thread... ...yes, I think I'd fit in the traditional skinhead world - though I'm kind of growing out of it - finaly! ...rarely DMs - though I still own about a dozen (most of em would only go down well in punk circles)... ...denim of course, button downs, brogues, smooths, harringtons, my beloved sheepskin, sta prests and cords, heaps of Perry! But also Canali and Coreliani suits (cuts fit me great, though not street lad) and stuff like...
Quote: Originally Posted by borderline Is Charlie wearing spectators? ...I'd say those are saddle shoes...