or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

Quote: Originally Posted by robbie did you just have a tailor tidy those dickies up, or are those right off the rack? ...off the rack - in a thrift store...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter viktualmarkt Viktualienmarkt - yes, nice. ...in Munich the Tantris is one of the better high end places to dine. Not cheap but worth it. (this would have been one of the one or two nicer meals)... Hippyish Place, good for breakfast or a break - Cafe Aroma, Pestalozzistr. (Quite central) A bit late so the OP won't be able to use this information but maybe someone will use the search before he...
...X-post from the trad skin thread... MTM, Pringle, Dickies, Gallo, Dinkelacker
...my 2008 interpretation of the Spirit (not dogma) of 67' for grown ups.... MTM, Pringle, Dickies, Gallo, Dinkelacker
...right - elegance is it. And so it is more a question of last shape (and colour, leather texture etc) than one of boot or shoe...
...if this question was for me - C+J, Model Villiers...
I wear those with suits... A sleek city last - barely recogniceable as a boot... Chelseas look better with a narrow trouser leg (and too John Steed for my taste), while all the brogued boots might work with flannel or tweed but not business attire...
...only one word: Covering Ian 'Shithead' Stuart songs IS a political statement. No matter what colour of skin the one who does it does have. If you get a negative reaction - don't wine! Keep effin politics out of the scene! Have your fews but don't ram them down the throats of people in one way or the other... This was hopefully the only slightly political statement I had to write on a STYLE forum...
...it took me years to understand the write up going with Ferguson's fashion drawings. With all the name dropping of labels you never heared of (and no one could explain when you weren't living in the UK) it led to some nice mistakes. A lot of us wore checked flannel shirts in the mid eighties (slightly resmbling the checked shirts you had seen in THE book) with skins keeping them original and psychobillys cutting off the sleeves....
...the pic on 'dancehall 69' is from the 80s (the camden stylists?). And all the black guys/gals is just a 2007/2008 fashion shooting - though a very nice one... ...I think even in the old pics you can tell the northerners from the London boys. The scene seems to have been quite a bit different up north...