or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

I heard something like ironing by pressing the tie against the iron - no idea how that could be done practically...
...shirtwear depends on the time you wear them not on the age of the shirts themselves. I got a shirt that needed the cuffs to be replaced after only one year but as I loved that shirt it got worn really a lot! And washed carfully by hand btw... ...since I know this I order spare cuffs with all the new shirts I have made... ...oh, my shirtmaker stated that one year is really fast for wearing out cuffs - three to four years (as you stated) were more normal...
...suits...
Quote: Originally Posted by lakewolf I imagine this Thomey Browney fashion is only in NYC I've never seen anybody wearing too-short clothes in Europe.... ...you are kidding, are you? Been in Mantova and Brescia last weekend and have rarely seen so many really short trousers (Thom-Brown-short!) on the street save for some mod-runs in Rimini...
...I got a 1960s Omega deville - see WAYWT - and would wear it everyday if it wasn't for the black leatherband. So I need a second nice watch with a brown band to go with brown belts and shoes... ...actually I got a second one. A 6ts Stowa - but this is just a piece of decoration as it doesn't keep time at all. This would have a metallband. Hope to get it repaired sometime but as it is kind of a cheap watch I don't want to spend too much... ...metallbands are more...
...the oppsite of an wholecut. Is that a cutup then?
...too slow - so I deleted...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart LOL, and yet purist modernists are the most tradly bunch of all, putting self proclaimed "trads" to shame ...yeah probably right. Most of those subcultures are. Personaly I think Trad-Skins are even more strict in terms of style - and they (ähhh, we?) don't even have to care about the modern part of mod. Whatever - back to US trad...
Isn't it kind of paradox to take part in a TRAD competition as a MODERNIST?
Darker polish or even cream (cause this gets 'soaked' up in the leather) for antiquing or chanching the colour alltogether - at least to a certain degree. For example I didn't like AE chilli too much and using a dark burgundy cream and dark brown polish gives it a nice oxblood colour... Lighter polish could be used to match the stitching of a shoe if that has a lighter colour and you want to keep it that way. Generally if you don't want to change anything in the tone...