or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar (...)Burberry's scarfs ,Burlington socks today worn by chavs in every council estates of the land...(...) Burlington is a German company btw...
...hahahaha - only found this thread now... ...we wore them a lot as we couldn't get hold of white Sta Prests - and I actually still do as you see. But I think I fit a bit in omegabloggers definition (ie the cream of euro-trash!). Other association is Clockwork Orange of course... ...so, yes, as jeans made it to europe only in the 50s they were always a fashion statement and never the pants that built whateverland...
...let dry in a cool place. As it's 'only' a solvent it should just disintigrate (is this understandable english?)... ...but as I never had this problem that's basicly a guess. I have no clue how much turpentine will damage leather how fast...
...thanks for the nice and helpfull replies... ...we were talking about the buttonholething beforehand and she told me to see what she can do. And yes, the solution of doing a buttonhole by hand was mentioned. After the not so good removal of the lower button she probably didn't want to touch it anymore... Payment wouldn't have been an issue as we know each other quite well - i.e we can talk... Putting on the fourth button on seems quite complicated. I'll see...
...and if you put on a fresh mirrorshine (after using cream on the completely dried out shoe) let each layer harden before you put the next on. Using iced water or even an icecube as the fluid for water polishing helps... ...with all that soaking with wax it sounds like you just got too much turpentine on your shoes...
...it's a suit - and a pic made with a cellphone - sorry! ...haircut next week. Promissed...
...more - to get a complete impression...
...yeah - I like Faded501s coment better. I'm learning... ...but it is really a problem and it seems easier to find the nice jacket... ...question remains: a fourth button on top or is it ok the way it is (if I find the right tailor...)?
...Shermans changed sooo much over the years. Got my first one in the 80s on Carnaby Street - probably the worst time to shop for one as the the NAME was owned by Cavern or Merc or whoever was selling mod/skinhead clothing then. And they sold crappy polyester shirts for a lot of money to little dumb kids like me then... The company now has nothing to do with the stuff made in the sixties/early seventies - they are mostly cashing in on the original spirit. Basicly the...
...the outfits might not stand out in the context of SF - but most of them do on the street/club/workplace - the thing that's called 'Real Life'...