or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

...thanks for the replies! The canes are 30/34 one wash - would it help washing them to shrink them? I always felt they are not a good fit on me - they are much better on my gf who's got more of an ass... The second pair I got in Thailand - well, it says Levis 501 on the patch so I'm really sure they are - not! But they are heavy selvaged denim with quite a tapered leg. What I don't like about those is, they are quite low rise and I'm not used to this - always got the...
... I see that here's some people around that know what they are talking about so I'd really appreciate any help with jeans... I'm asking for coments on the pics and suggestions regarding makes/styles to improve on my denims. Thanks! denim 1 - sc 1947: denim 2 - ?: denim 3 - 501 1980s:
...well - on the tricks front: - use only small amounts of wax at a time and built the gloss with many layers. Let each layer harden. - use iced water for the polish. Basicly makes each layer of wax harden faster ...speedshine: wrap a soft cloth around a polishing brush so that the bristels don't come through, take away one of your girls nylons and pull over the whole thing - voila - easy polishing after pre polishing with a brush with bristles as soft as possible...
Omegablogger - no tricks just patience (polishing shoes = meditation). Cream every now and then when I got the feeling the leather wants some 'food'. Wax often to give it a shine (fast) or the deep gloss (demanding time). Using a mix of Avel (=Saphir) and Burgol products. No cracks in the wax with those. Burgol seems to shine up faster but a polish with it isn't as hardwearing as an Avel one ... Trajan - time depens on where the mirrorshine is applied. Only the cap -...
...got two pairs - the Kempton is a great chukka - would probably buy it again. The other is a heavy country brogue - the Chester - which is not really elegant but also shouldn't be for what it is. Ok, I own nicer and better fitting shoes... ...but if I'd have to choose between AE and Loake - Loake every time! And that is also what I would recomend to every first-good-shoe-buyer. That is if they fit of course... ...both represent the low end of high end, only that AEs...
Laszlo Theresianer - don't know wether they got a propper name - or call them toecap derbys. Needed to be resoled after one year which says something about the frequency of wear (2 to 3 times a week) but also about the quality (mediocre). Love them anyways...
I so wish I had, too... ...watching pr0n is nice but the real thing definitelly tops it! ...but till then - more of that pr0n please!
I will be in London next week and I'd like to do a bit of shopping... ...as it is mid june - are the sales in London already starting? If yes - does it make sense to go for a daytrip to Northampton, as I heared that during the sales there isn't much to be had there? Any other tips and suggestions? And no - I won't get mesured up in Saville Row or see G&G for some new shoes. Also Rubinacci isn't quite in my pricerange. More interested in good vintage, places like...
Dinkelacker Luzern boot... ...one of the nicer lasts they do and not as austrian/hungaro shaped as most of their offerings...
...dress and dresscodes get more and more international - and as the masses are copying from the only superpower left the style is accordingly... ...thats sartorial globalisation for your plesure...