or Connect

Posts by soulstylist

...just something about brogues... The written part at least is kind of funny - the pics - hmmm...
...that's not a special problem of the sqire shop - worn down soles are ugly on all shoes (desert boots excluded - my opinion) - and I do it all the time. Those metall plates on tip and heel help a bit - not so good on a wooden dancefloor, though... Thanks M-o-M for all your input...
...just to understand this right: shoe was brogue, loafer or smooth - but always with leather soles? I read somewhere that people were getting an extra leather sole put on their shoes just when they bought them to give them a more sturdy look... Never trust Jim Ferguson (who was the only one I know of mentioning/drawing DM shoes as original gear)...
When I look at the pics Big Muscle posted one thing springs to my mind: Air Wair shoes! I wore them a lot in the 8ts and early 9ts (also brogues with DM soles cause I thought everything proper skinhead has to have a DM sole - stupid me!). But back to the shoes: Were they worn in the late 6ts? What style? For me it was always boots with yellow stitching - shoes always without. Loved the Solovair ones - basicly quite smart smooths. (OK - confession: I also hated the yellow...
...white socks is so 80s... ...but if you like it - why not? I don't. Colours and patterns all the way...
...it just takes a while to build up a (decent?) wardrobe. Not living in the UK doesn't help either as stylewise it was is and will be UK (some people would even argue a London) centered look. Actually it took me so long that I fell out of it before I could finish the task - still learning (not at least by reading your posts). What doesn't do it for me is the limitation to such a short span of time (68 till "death" in 70) - like mods lasted for 6 or 7 years and casuals...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery We WERE young! ..of course! But you had a sheepie! I think I'm getting old - like telling the young ones what to do "You can't go out like this - you'll catch a cold!"
Ok, after reading the complete thread again - a few points that weren't talked about, yet (or I just read over them): Coloured socks - red - orange - yellow. Red are quite a big thing with the smart crowd around here, with more colours beeing worn at least for the last ten years (7ts influence?). Striped shirts - when I started out they seemed to be at least as popular as checked ones - seen rarely now - personaly I still prefer these (or plains). StaPrest - ok often...
...wow! What a great thread this has become. Was reading for a few hours now and there is so much interesting stuff (and Jason - as always - waving the flag of the sussed revival skins). Great! I hope this hasn't been postet before: Neat Change + a small article ...do they ring a bell with the older Londoners? Edit: Sorry, didn't read fat enough back - couldn't imagine i missed so many pages - so this is just an old hat...
Great shoes with a great story behind them! For reference: I just measured the soles of my C&J dress boots in UK 7: legth 29.5 cm, width 10 cm If you could verify the UK 7 (by finding someone who really is a UK 7 to try them on) I'd take at once.