or Connect

Posts by Green Lantern

Quote: Originally Posted by pocketprotector Cordovan is rare. If it was all that great, wouldn't it be more popular? They tell me 1) it doesn't crease 2) scuffs buff out far more easily than with leather 3) they last forever and keep looking new blah blah. How much of this is legend vs reality? Cordovan is a great durable hide for shoes period. It is not better or worst than cowhide, lizard, suede, croc, alligator, ostrich or any other...
I have a pair that I absolutely love. They badly need a visit to the cobbler. They are brown split toed lace up Ferragamos with subtle leather piping bordering the inner apron. I love suede shoes. Suede shoes are the best. Even as these age and get shiny parts and minor scuffs they look more aristocratic. You gotta have at least one pair of suede shoes!
Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114 Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance? Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.
Ordered a wee tad bit of Houbigant Fougere Royale last week via the Court. Looking to report by midweek. "Tailor" got me going...
I stopped in and had and nice long informative listen to Andre today at the Perfumery in San Francisco. I got a lot of his opinions on people/designers that have no perfumery background or actual hands on knowledge of making fragrances. To paraphrase he doesn't think much of the Bastian or Kardashian type of stylists who have a vision and trot out a product with their name on it. He much prefers the productions from the established fragrance houses. He's a little pushy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Green Lantern Angeliques Sous La Pluie by Jean-Claude Ellena / Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Didn't enthuse me the first 3 times I wore it but today it just smelled different. Today it became a favorite. Interesting. Because I was underwhelmed with it as well. What changed for you? I think what changed is that it lasted longer. I went sans undershirt with a cotton/linen shirt. When I took my shirt off at...
Angeliques Sous La Pluie by Jean-Claude Ellena / Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Didn't enthuse me the first 3 times I wore it but today it just smelled different. Today it became a favorite.
Pau needs to be watching his brother and taking notes!!!!!!
I did watch the game. One night does not a BEAST make. Nowitski is soft as well, but his numbers will make you stand still. I never seen so many layups from 7 footers. Look at some 1978-85 footage to see Beastly B Ball. Everyone wants to be MJ no matter what size they are. There are too many positions in Basketball...point guard, shooting guard, small forward, shooting forward, true center, power forward. This has gotten out of hand!!!!
I my estimation Kobe should go on a scoring tear. No more assisting, No more getting everyone involved, No more cheerleading...just go out an put up as many points as possible. Play man to man and everyman to do his best.