or Connect

Posts by Green Lantern

Quote: Originally Posted by max b I have a Company in Italy and we are in fashion business. more and more I'm asking myself if people really care about the "made in" label. I mean : it is really making a difference for people if something is made in Italy or in China ? of course I have my personal opinion about this, but I wuold like to hear from other people if they care and why.. Yes. I can't find "Made in America" I can find "Made in...
Ermenegildo Zegna suits are great suits but you have to become an expert of their cloths and manufacturing plants. I buy the EZ suits carried by Barney's. The Saks suits are generally the "B" line cloths from the Mainline label. NM will carry EZ suits from both A and B cloths lines. Switzerland is the plant you want your EZ to come from unless it is MTM. EZ is doing too much IMHO. But, with that said, learn your product, and you will have a great suit.
I still like K-Swiss. I prefer leather to cloth but a cloth pair of sneaks is indispensable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wasabi2u I just ran into this site today www.valuesuit.com which sells e. zegnas at less that 200 dollars...which obviously makes me suspicious. They don't post much info on the suits...although they give the illusion of posting information by including such details as belt loops, etc. Has anyone bought anything from them, or heard anything about them? Unfortunately, the suits that seem to fit me best are EZ Milano and...
90% percent of the time my shirts are laundered after each wear. Once in a while I can wear a shirt a second time and it is worn on the weekend. The twice worn shirt does not make it back to the office a second time due to wrinkles. I have two launderers. My good shirts (Borrelli, Zegna) go to the $2.60 per shirt laundry. My other shirts go to the $1.80 per shirt laundry. I pretreat collars and cuffs on all shirts.
3 miles...treadmill...yes, I know. But, I was able to get in strength work as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Berticus Not all barbers are the same in regards to shaving. Some are good, some are bad. It also depends where in the world you get your shaves. Pretty much any barber who provides a shave with a straight razor isn't going to provide the optimal shave. I've tried three blades, four blades, five blades, vibrating, non-vibrating, change the cartridge after every shave. Nothing compares to a straight razor. As for the number...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dillardiv My problem is that everything is fine when I shave and that day, but the next day, my neck breaks out in red bumps all over. Can anyone recommend some products to use after I shave to prevent that from happening? Believe me! This works!! http://www.tendskin.com/index.htm I have sensitive skin, I am older, have been dealing with it a long time and have used a plethora of products...
Quote: Originally Posted by Benzito If this is all the money you got from the inheritance and it hasn't already been mentioned a dozen times, I'll be the stupid little angel on your left shoulder suggesting that you get a nice $25k car and put the rest into an investment or retirement account. At some point, you'll be in the market for a house or condo, not just a car, and it'd be helpful to have some dough for a down payment. Chicks tend to dig...
One word: Repetition. Repetition is the problem. With the grain, against the grain...whatever...try to shave with the fewest strokes possible. Re-lather when attacking the same area. Lubrication and fewest strokes is the name of the game. I do believe in the four blade system. There is a video about all the research, time and money that went into developing the four blade system...it works. I got a barber shave six months ago...great experience...terrible shave!!