or Connect

Posts by Green Lantern

Facts: The budget was in a deep nose dive 3 years before OBAMA took office. Clinton was last to enjoy a budget surplus. A balanced budget does not solve the National debt. Nixon was the most recent President to advocate Deficit Spending. All presidents after him simply quibbled about the margin of deficit spending. The critical condition of the budget has been overshadowed by the last 16 years of conflict (war) we have engaged in. If tomorrow we decided to...
SOMEONE PLEASE!!! Find a closeup picture of the glasses Richard Burton wore in the movie "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf" Saw a film clip this morning in the wake of Elizabeth Taylor's death of him/glasses in the movie and thought they were GREAT.
Quote: Originally Posted by wEstSidE cool. i have a tough one. tell me what frames towa tei used to wear. or give me a similar make or a bespoke maker who could do this. I think the top line of this frame is a little flatter than yours but the opacity of frame (I have this finish) softens the lines a little. Color does a lot to embolden or soften the look.
I don't do the Racks, Off 5th, or Loehmans anymore. I just sit on a perch and watch the stuff before it leaves the main store at lowest mark down. It is in better shape and when it first gets to the clearance store it is at the same price as the lowest main store price. They started peddling those outlet store labels/lines and decreased the deals that I would find from the merchandise direct from main store. They sprinkle some main store merchandise throughout the...
Sartorialist's soft shoulder:
Natural shoulder from Sartorialist:
Better Sartorialist picture of padded peaking shoulder:
The shoulder is the cornerstone of the jacket construction. Shoulders are the focal point of a man's stature. Shoulders are soft, hard, padded or natural. I tend to look for the mid range of all. I like a soft, least padded, soft shoulder. I like for my shoulder sleeve to droop down from the shoulder seam. I still have jacket of the alternative craft where the shoulder sleeve peaks higher than the shoulder seam. Thanks to the Sartorialist for providing this...
Everything said is great stuff. Did anyone offer a plum, violet, pale purple? When I offer these colors, I am only referring to the palest, faintest shades of each. But, they can really make a unusual canvas for a kickin' tie. I am a person who favors a strong coat or tie with a soft shirt. Shirts frame the face and shouldn't be harsh. IMHO
Sounds interesting - can you post a pic? This is not the best photo. I tried to use the white towel to show how slight the pink tint appears.