or Connect

Posts by Green Lantern

The shoulder is the cornerstone of the jacket construction. Shoulders are the focal point of a man's stature. Shoulders are soft, hard, padded or natural. I tend to look for the mid range of all. I like a soft, least padded, soft shoulder. I like for my shoulder sleeve to droop down from the shoulder seam. I still have jacket of the alternative craft where the shoulder sleeve peaks higher than the shoulder seam. Thanks to the Sartorialist for providing this...
Everything said is great stuff. Did anyone offer a plum, violet, pale purple? When I offer these colors, I am only referring to the palest, faintest shades of each. But, they can really make a unusual canvas for a kickin' tie. I am a person who favors a strong coat or tie with a soft shirt. Shirts frame the face and shouldn't be harsh. IMHO
Sounds interesting - can you post a pic? This is not the best photo. I tried to use the white towel to show how slight the pink tint appears.
I had been a die hard transitions lens kinda guy but not any more. My new pair of specs is the OP Deacon model with translucent grey-ish frame and I put in the slightest pink tint with harmful ray protection. I am really loving them. I know the frame has been around a while but the finish of these is like nothing I had seen anywhere else and I have had my eye on these frames for a year at least. Pardon the pun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Klobber Sorry to the OP highjacking this thread, but I had a burning question (not worthy of a new thread though). What do you guys think of Testoni shoes? I have the opportunity to get a new pair for $150, quality looks good, but online I have no way of telling. If they are not at least AE quality, they go back and I hate returning stuff. +1, let me know what you think of Testoni. I like Testoni and...
I have long been a fan of Ferragamos (30 years) but I am finding more love for models from Alden and Santoni. I am finding that I am more drawn to models than makers. I just bought Sebago hand sewns for summer; putting away my Ferragamo suede Diegos from fall/winter and currently wearing my Santoni double monks and Gucci Horsebit loafers with my rolled cuffed khakis. Life is good.
Wait till June sell at Bloomies. Got mine there last year for 32 bucks. I got the yellows. They also had a chocolate. Brooks Brothers sells them on line all the time in Black...yup...99 dollas!
Quote: Originally Posted by PaoloM No, no alts. The man didn't speak any english, but said something like "buttons have holes, why?" I said "It's a handmade suit, of course there are working buttonholes. I just want a wet cleaning" THAT should have been your sign to quickly back out the door with your suit in hand. Anyone who has never seen working sleeve buttons on a suit is from another planet. I am sssssooooooo sorry for you. If all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stylin-1 So you want him to wear a $3000 suit to a fucking night club, so people can spill drinks and possibly vomit on it? Not to mention the skanks with daddy issues who'll be clawing at it. Awesome advice. I am advising him on dress. He is the one who wants to wear a $3000 suit to a fucking night club, so people can spill drinks and possibly vomit on it. He also wants skanks with daddy issues who'll be...
Google any one of these people and find what they wore at a movie premier. Get ideas from their dress. Alec Baldwin Babyface Daniel Day-Lewis Jimmy Smits Kevin Bacon Steve Guttenberg Kevin Sorbo Michael Madsen Tim Robbins Viggo Mortenson Mike Scioscia C'mon guys...he really wants to know.