or Connect

Posts by cocteau

Hello, i´m flirting with the idea of ordering a EG mto shoe on the 82 last. Since I have very big feet (US15) I´m not sure how it looks in my size. Does anyone of you share this burden and has EGs in that size and could post a photo of them so I can judge how they look in this size? Yours Cocteau
Thank you for educating me. Its indeed very nice learning about the craftsmanship behind shoes. Do I deduct correctly when saying that a boot like the oxfort boot above is mostly made on another last than a typical jodpur boot too? At least thats what I think would be necessary to jet the typical toebox shape. Or can even this be handled by adding material to the last?
I was speaking of balmoral boots, sorry not to have it pointed out clearly enough
Hi, I found a shoemaker in Europe which makes shoes I like, cost is ok, but to high to order gadgets. So before I go there there´s a thing I´d like to know: I would like to buy a standard Oxford or Derby for a start. But I´m really interested in getting a nice balmoral boot. Since I have to pay for the bespoke last I´d like to know if those shoes can be made on the same last or if for a boot I´d need another one? How about Loafers? Plus (since I work in asia) If I...
Hi, I´m actually using some Burgol products. I have used their leather sole oil which to my impression helps to keep the sole flexible, but since I havent got a lont germ comparison, its hard to say if its better or worse than others. In Germany its quite popular among shoe people though it stinks horrible. I also use some Burgol Shoe Shine. I have used Black and Bordeaux. Both have a very strong color which is very good if you want to cover something. The consistency is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball No lastmaker in hong kong anymore. Kow Hoo make their own last but they don't sell it. I use JV China to make my bespoke last. Or you can ask Springline in england made it. Or you can ask flitzl help to order one for you. Thanks for the tip, but whats JV china? and does Zees even make shoes on a last brought in by me?
Hi I would like to ge some shoes at Zees, but I´d rather like it on a bespoke last. Does anyone know a lastmaker in HK, Guangzhou or Shenzen? Or do just some shoemakers do it if I buy their shoes? thanks cocteau
Good evening, I bought a leather care product which goes by the name "Creme Essentielle" by the company Grison and is a leather cleaner/leather milk product. Basically I had an old leather jacket in mind which looks better now after applying the stuff. Now I discovered the company also sells Shoe Cream in glasses. I bought a glass and I´m not absoluteloy sure about how I like it. In my opinion the shoes look a bit too glossy. But before saying Its rubbish, I`d like to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum Have you ever heard of this thing called 'email'? There's even 'contact details' and 'write us' (sic) buttons on their website... I do, since I followed the link from here it seemed quite natural posting here. At least it did when I was quite excited after seing my mistake. From todays point of view you´re quite right -c
Good evening, I bought a leather care product which goes by the name "Creme Essentielle" by the company Grison and is a leather cleaner/leather milk product. Basically I had an old leather jacket in mind which looks better now after applying the stuff. Now I discovered the company also sells Shoe Cream in glasses. I bought a glass and I´m not absoluteloy sure about how I like it. In my opinion the shoes look a bit too glossy. But before saying Its rubbish, I`d like to...