or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Love seeing us as the #1 thread on the home page stats, ha! institches posts more in a month than I have in 2 years.... Luck's been a lady this week...today's finds, all in my size. Bally loafers I have been seeking for a year...I find them occasionally, but always too big. Both fit me. Somewhat used but Topy'd and polished up niiiiice: And if it isn't a Ferragamo gray/blue/white herringbone silk/linen/wool SC. I don't know if this is really something I'll keep but...
Hahahahahahah. It's like, I wear cufflinks once a damn month but possess 50 pairs. I had to pack them for my trade show in New Orleans -- only French Cuff dress shirts -- to force myself to wear them back-to-back-to-back days otherwise I'd pass up an opportunity to wear them in their proper/appropriate environment, interviewing executives who were mostly wearing them too. WTF is wrong with me? That probably explains why I never have awesome fit pics, because I am a...
Seriously -- Loro Piana tweed? Have you guys seen this before?
This shoe discussion is interesting. I have pairs that are slightly too wide but wearing thicker cotton dress socks does the trick most of the time. Some of the narrower shoes I can only wear thin dress socks.......I couldn't bear giving up some of the tremendous looking shoes I have found.However...I am just about to give up on some Florsheim Kenmoors I bought brand new (outlet) and topy'd for hard service because they give me blisters on the knuckles of my big...
Gone all last week to N'Awlins, combo business & R&R. Ducked into a bunch o great menswear stores on Magazine St., in Lower Garden District, none cooler than Aiden Gill.At the Magazine St. Antiques Mall, this case seemed like it had about 500 sets of cufflinks and another 100 sets of vintage studs...that's an exaggeration, there were a lot, though, tray after tray...the ones I wanted were $50-$80 so I left them, thrifty gent that I am....but just the sight of it made me...
Guys, pat Robertson says your thrift store find might be possessed. So that dybbuk box shit might be for realz (sorry if someone already posted this) http://www.salon.com/2013/02/26/pat_robertson_there_could_be_demons_attached_to_your_thrift_store_finds/
Creepy story time Once I dreamt I was in the same Value Village -- at the same time -- Klobber sharted.
+1There is nothing like a reliable mechanical watch in a well-built case.I used to be a fussy wristwatch and pocketwatch wearer/collector and eBay wheeler-dealer, a little hobby in between consigning sports cards back when there was a thriving market for that (and magazines that would print my articles about trials and travails and do's and don'ts and "what's it worth").After wearing many watches and churning my collection with constant upgrades like we churn clothes, I...
Klobber, Cinnabons kill me. You pull into highway rest stops, they have a Cinnabon going and the place smells like heaven. I bought one. Once. One bite and I about vomited with the overwhelmingness you speak of. I mean, WTF?Thank you.Sort of like the coke dealer doing his own blow and quickly headed down the road to ruin, I bid on Spoo lots myself, once a month or so. I've won some -- even some #FanFreakingTastic exotic Italian snakeskin loafers for, like, $60! Sometimes I...
No man, we just missed you. We need the E to regulate.So, these are the in between super awesome vintage and SF-despised International Meh Florsheims. As far as I can tell.If you're like me, you'll find these will look good, feel good, and you can wear 'em when it's damp out or other hard service when you'd rather preserve your better finds (i.e. when you're out with pals who'll spill beer on them). I even have some recent International Meh Florsheims, Topy'd, for all-day...