or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

I've adapted. At first, was a little lost.
+1 on nonsynthetic blends. Found a Saks tartan viyella tie at a goodwill for a buck that is very cool
I think you're referring to Lauren by Ralph Lauren, which is outlet/Marshalls/TJ Maxx diffusion, no?
Well put, Doc. I am wearing a Hickey-Freeman Italian silk knit today and have gotten roasted by a couple of the old dudes here in the office who said they haven't seen one like that since 1985. Gotten a couple compliments on it, however, to balance that out! But to answer OP's question, that's a segue: I'd never have considered a knit tie, silk or otherwise, but H-F outlet had a hell of a sale a couple weeks ago and there were two of these silk knits (one yellow, one...
sweet brioni score, simon! So I hit a haunt I hadn't in a while this noon and there was a motherlode of Brooks Bros Golden Fleece and some 1818...suits and jackets. In 42R, way too big for me. I don't usually scoop stuff not in my size but I did get 2 jackets and a suit for y'all WIll be posting pix or at least a link to pix in thrift trading forum soon, probably Friday if anyone wants to swap. Just nice stuff, excellent condition. If anyone's interested, PM me. I'm...
+1I got an ll bean one in blue at the outlet in town marked down to $30 from 100-something...in this heatwave, that and a linen jacket have been go-tos
Kids. Spaghetti sauce. Can't get out of Dad Duty in every occasion where it doesn't quite jibe with the outfit. You do the math, heh. Biz, I find, has helped mitigate many, er, issues, but not all. Also, ordering on behalf of teh kids or steering their enthusiasm toward non-red menu items...
Oh, nothing to do with my earlier posts but I started a "thrifting tips" thread earlier this week, and one of the replies pointed to an earlier thread in a similar vein a couple years ago...and I kinda mashed up several tips and went hunting for cashmere sweaters this week during the heatwave (it's offseason, no one else has picked the racks clean because it's not on their minds, etc) and I just wanted to pass that idea on to you all. I've found 7 so far. One fits me, one...
A day I never thought would come. In my size: Jackets are, L to R Zegna, Zegna, Zegna, Brioni. Shirt: Zegna. Pants, Santorelli (I will have to have them shortened by an inch). I see these things occasionally but never in my size. I left 3 more zegna jackets near my size on the rack -- one too big (and the alterations would have included the cursed "move a working button" trick that is in my book disturbing the habitat too much anyway), one damaged, and one looking way...
Thanks! That thing is loaded.