or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Having raged through New England's thrift stores for six months, I need to slow down (not quit, ha!) for a while. Binged one last time today, because like a gambler on speed, it was looking like a good day. Ended up with: --Peter Werth black shirt/gray pinstripes with white cuffs & collar that is more mod than a vespa --matteo di rota shirt white with blue square-lined pattern (seemed unworn)...seems nicer than a similar brand-new H-F shirt I got last week at the K&G...
I don't ever see suits, but maybe that's just because I haven't been looking. It's always nasty (formerly) white shirts, threadbare, made of more plastic than a coke 2 liter. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I have to say I'm not sanguine, heh!PS: Can you post/point me to a couple images of good examples of rocker style suits? Used to be a rock writer (it doesn't pay the bills when you have kids and a mortgage so you have to grow out of it at some point...but you forever...
I know this was posted a while back.Every time I see Stafford now, I laugh. But I'd also like to add...Towncraft. Towncraft.Where's all this Club Room riffraff coming from? Macy's, I think. And Croft & Barrow...
Also, hit my other local K&G today and scored two pairs of H-F Italy cords, a pair of Italy silk-linen pants, and a silk-cotton Italy sweater for $44-something. That's better than some thrifts, for new. One pair had a $250 original retail tag. Hit those clearance racks, gents. Some steals to be had.
I guess I was referring to garments that possess the label on this page, which is one maker of Donegal Tweeds. I see them occasionally, but never in my size.http://www.murphyofireland.com/donegal-tweed-jackets.php
Elsewhere on SF, Donegal and Harris tweeds get high marks. Those aren't the only ones that are good, but you see so much tweed at thrift stores that's my "filter"...unless it's a really soft tweed from one of our go-to labels (RLPL, BB, etc), which I've seen. I did pick up a tweed that was simply labeled Sak's Fifth Ave that I liked the tan color... That reminds me, I am looking for the classic black-white herringbone pattern Harris Tweed jacket in 38R; if you see one in...
Dude. Thanks for this tip.Hit one of my K&Gs (reading mass) and it wasn't quite that good but tucked among a ton -- and I mean a ton -- of what appeared to be crummy Chinese "Hickey" diffusion sub-ordinary streetwear...I found H-F mainline Italy chinos, medium gray Italy linen trou, a dress shirt and an Italy wool sweater. $59 - $5 smartphone text coupon (text "save" to 79999) so it was 54.90-something. Fifteen bucks a pop.Well done.
too much sleeve showing on those?
Big fan of 1/2 price Weds. I got a couple cashmere sweaters for the kids last week, a big angora/mohair sweater for my wife that she adored, and some other assorted goodies last week at mine (nothing exotic for me, I'd picked it over well previously, hah!) for less than $10. IF you're picky, that is the best thrift store deal anywhere.