or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Dude. Thanks for this tip.Hit one of my K&Gs (reading mass) and it wasn't quite that good but tucked among a ton -- and I mean a ton -- of what appeared to be crummy Chinese "Hickey" diffusion sub-ordinary streetwear...I found H-F mainline Italy chinos, medium gray Italy linen trou, a dress shirt and an Italy wool sweater. $59 - $5 smartphone text coupon (text "save" to 79999) so it was 54.90-something. Fifteen bucks a pop.Well done.
too much sleeve showing on those?
Big fan of 1/2 price Weds. I got a couple cashmere sweaters for the kids last week, a big angora/mohair sweater for my wife that she adored, and some other assorted goodies last week at mine (nothing exotic for me, I'd picked it over well previously, hah!) for less than $10. IF you're picky, that is the best thrift store deal anywhere.
Hey, I got a BB main line coat that fits (unlike the ones I scored last week for the trading post) like a glove today and a Talbott tie...but also a Daniel Cremieux Dillard's Loro Piana slimmer fit suit that's almost spot on size, pants and all, but I'll need the sleeves let down a half inch or so. Question: The Cremieux is fused, probably? Are they, typically? I'm still having a hard time figuring out for sure, what with the pocket liner and all those layers of fabric in...
I see these a lot out here in thrift stores. Vintage and more recent, even a few of the novelty flavor. They seem pretty nice, albeit conservative. I did pick up an ancient "matte" silk (what's the proper term for it?) tie that struck my fancy. A little history. Weaves Ralphie and Brooks Bros into the mix.
First pic here. Linen jacket, argyle socks. Canali pants I thrifted, I already had tailor adjust length, are they too long still? If you're going crack on it about Monday Night Football, it's already been done, ha, so you'll have to come up with something more original.
Thanks for getting my back.I do enjoy the diversity of opinions here. including those of the vocal, rigid minority who hate Chinese made anything, polyester, fusible and square toed shoes. You guys made me realize I do have choices, and don't have to waste money making bad ones.Speaking of groupthink, I'm off to post my first WAYWRN pic. No black pants, either. Wish me luck, heh!
+1Love these threads where people discuss the "meta," esp. SF vs real world.Guilty as charged on fused suits and black trou. Trying to root the polyester out of the closet -- it's mostly left in some cotton blend shirts from my pre-SF time that I haven't yet purged. But guilty as charged on that, too.
Someone who is colorblind?
HEY NOW the 257, $208 shipped. Nice trick. Now I have to choose to either pull the trigger and hit "OK" or keep the peace in the house, heh