Posts by LooknGr8

There was more. I shouldn't say this because I'll get a flood of "go back for me's," heh. Just couldn't buy the whole store. Plus when the thrifting's going good, I feel I am gonna jinx myself if I get greedy.Several Brookstweed jackets and another polo suit, a heavy wool yellow-khaki color with black and brown little houndstooth pattern...but 41R (the ones I got were in the 39-40 zone) -- a bit too big for me to get tailored. And a nice gray vintage Burberry's sport coat...
best day I've had in months -- at my usual places, which have been pretty bereft of "the good stuff" lately. These are in my size, but the dude who previously owned them was at least a head taller than me...so my tailor will get some work. But they are not long jacket cuts, which is odd. 1) Polo DB heavy wool suit 2) Polo 3-piece (the vest has lapels!) tweed suit 3) Harris Tweed jacket 4) And a 3-pack of Burberry's, Charvet and Sak's ties 2 questions: 1)...
For all you Boston/Providence/Hartford people, the BB outlet in wrentham is loaded -- half the store 60% off...and only half of the sale stuff is the dreaded "346." Good shirts in my size (15-32) but if you're bigger (i.e coat size 42, 44) there is a lot of nice stuff And the RL outlet has some purple label and PRL Italy suits (nice, with the pick stitching on lapels, etc) 75% off the outlet price. Just...you never see these stores so loaded before, even in end-of-summer...
I was not on SF in 1979, but even I knew then my mom cheaped out when she got me the nauga sleeves and not leather for my school letter jacket. Feh. And I've seen those BB polyester shirts at thrifts. They aren't even retro cool; they weren't cool to begin with.
I can't help draw a parallel now to the "high fashion fake fur" revolution spawned by card-carrying PETA celebrity members who propagate "fashion." THere's a lot of scary-looking junk out there. I'm not a diehard fur advocate, but damn, there's some really plasticky crap passing for fur. Why bother? Oh. Did I mention? My grandfather raised a family of 4 kids during the Depression running a fox farm? I have no idea how they made it, but they did. Here's a 1930s pic of him...
shows how much brand names meant in the 1970s. And an object lesson for hair-trigger eBay bidders like me, a reminder to do my homework before clicking (no I didn't bid on these, even if it was a real exotic, those are seriously ugly).
@isshinryu101, Looking at these Imperial Hanovers, too, what exotic are they?
So, in all urban legends there tends to be one grain of truth among the lies. I've read the Wikipedia and official histories of Florsheim today and also went through a couple Google Books but I couldn't find any reference to this little gem in an eBay auction description: "Condition: Brown scotchgrain leather shoes. V-cleat heel. Sole and heel both have alot of wear left, you might want to get rubber heels put on though, I have had some near faceplants wearing my v-cleat...
I was talking about David Stern, hahahaha but yours is all right, too. Thanks for the knowledge.
Love the avatar & agree with its statement! Why do you like shark/what do you wear them with, typically?