or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Nettleton's from a store I hit on occasion that happens to be the closest to a certain Ivy League school. I had never heard of the brand but with the 40 nails per heel, glove leather interior and the 54-layer leather sole...was pretty sure it was something special so I brought them home. Then I looked them up here at SF, confirmed their pedigree (Web was out on the BlackBerry, for some odd reason). Cross posted to the Nettleton's thread (are they shell?) but I thought...
How's this (click for bigger image, I think)? Thanks.
sorry for the long-lost bump but I found some tremendous nettleton's today...how can you tell if they're shell (markings?)
so the one tie I had that needed some serious help, a Canali thick woven silk job, I couldn't get the wrinkles out despite the ideas posted here. Light ironing, heavy steaming...lots of long hanging...would not fix. Rethrifted. The other tie with a couple weird creases at the point, a Bloomingdalies printed silk...good to go Lesson: Bad wrinkles: Don't bother. Not so bad? take your shot.
I see it's been unlocked. Much appreciation, gent(s)
very nice. Thanks
Any insight on why Thrifter's Trading Post thread is locked and when it will reopen or resurface in another place? I have (am about to) trade another item in that post and would like to edit it when the trade completes. Thanks
does all this matter? Like, does Filson suck or not depending on the outcome of this "what kind/what do they do to their leather" debate or is this just a schlong measuring contest to win the Leather Knowledge contest? Apologies for the candor...
He's in the street, and wearing canvas shoes. However, I'm not calling it streetwear.
Having raged through New England's thrift stores for six months, I need to slow down (not quit, ha!) for a while. Binged one last time today, because like a gambler on speed, it was looking like a good day. Ended up with: --Peter Werth black shirt/gray pinstripes with white cuffs & collar that is more mod than a vespa --matteo di rota shirt white with blue square-lined pattern (seemed unworn)...seems nicer than a similar brand-new H-F shirt I got last week at the K&G...