or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Ah so THAT's where Coppley came from. I'd been meaning to ask. I've had a couple things, seen a bunch of it and recognized it as better than Banana Rep or whatever but I'd always wondered. I have some Harry Rosen brand trou, too, hanging in the closet. Knew it'd never flip but some of those are half-lined, nice fabric, etc
Details used (late '80s/early '90s) used to be really good -- had a pretty good music section and was a well-rounded men's mag, culture, etc. A little pretentious, but I enjoyed if for 4-5 years. I subscribed to it and Esquire. Then the Internets distracted me, hahahah. I can't really comment on the style section, because I would skip over that at the time. I do remember thinking at the time they were heavy on hygiene/cologne/cosmetics-y content and wishing they had more...
OK, I hit some CT, Ohio & PA shops randomly on an epic 4-day, 1600 mile road trip for non-pleasure reasons (heh, I bought some gear and I had to pick it up...a used but working commercial generator for my house...of all things...from an industrial auctioneer who is related to me) and either the Ryan Macklemore Syndrome oft-discussed here is in full effect, or you bitches already picked them stores clean, or I just was having bad luck....but I got a few things for the...
I picked up a couple pairs of these, I put them in the canali quadrant, they're nice. I have some, what's the expression someone once used here, "generic uomo" that are worse --but still passable for office wear. Like tan wool generic uomo pants next to the cotton khaki man at the keurig machine makes you look pretty good, and santorellis are a notch or two above that. IMHO. Some people here might not get them but damn, you see what new ones go for? At $5 a pair, they're a...
Also, if the goodwill pricing people happened to read this thread & just went off mexicutioner's price rants (which I agree with) for a guide, then we're good, no?
Recently read that's physically impossible (I have horrible allergies, I get four shots at a time once a month and am on sudafed and Zyrtec 24-7...and half the year, inhaled steroids). People who are "allergic" to some fibers, the theory goes, are sensitive to the gauge of the fibers and it is a physical response that make it feel like their skin's crawling. You could technically be allergic to alpacas the animals (ie have a sneeze fest at an alpaca farm) but supposedly,...
"Hey, a Band of Outsiders French maid outfit for $2.98. Wanna try it on?" Spoo, Wes: I know what you're saying. I used to totally agree having those people (kids, wife etc) with you (or once, my elderly mom waiting in the car, talking on the cell phone) made thrifting suck. Wasn't resentful, just...wished I had more time to "do it right." Last half-year or year I'm kinda coming around to the point of view that quick 15-minute hitters with family in tow -- we were out on...
So, I have this DB SC. I have had it for months and months, I like it, I love it, it's deep purple herringbone baby alpaca, perfect color and softness, from a New Haven men's store (it ain't Brioni or Zegna for you label whores, hahahahahaha). It's un-resellable. This jacket has some style problems. 2 sizes 2 big, gotta get sleeves taken up an inch or inch and a half (no faking this) and certainly if I want to wear as a blazer I need chrome or brass buttons. Also --...
I'm so old, I think this is funny! HAH(You little douches, I remember when the only browsers we had were Mosaic and Netscape. AND WE LIKED IT!)
Love seeing us as the #1 thread on the home page stats, ha! institches posts more in a month than I have in 2 years.... Luck's been a lady this week...today's finds, all in my size. Bally loafers I have been seeking for a year...I find them occasionally, but always too big. Both fit me. Somewhat used but Topy'd and polished up niiiiice: And if it isn't a Ferragamo gray/blue/white herringbone silk/linen/wool SC. I don't know if this is really something I'll keep but...