or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Ain't that the truth. My father in law expects me to find him something for a black tie event next month. At thrifts. He is 6-5, 170lb. Needle in a haystack stuff. First I need to find out if he really means black tie or if that's slang for "dressing up in really conservative business attire." Then I need to decide whether or not to tell him to just go rent something, or use it for cover to do more obsessive thrifting. Weighing my options, you know.
He's a friend of mine going back 20+ years, one of the first people I met after migrating from Ohio to the wilds of New Hampshire. WIthout boring the living, er, tar out of you, the event sequence in brief:My friend (in his 60s) had cancer, sarcoidosis, and a severe allergic reaction to meds that almost killed him. All at once. He was in a coma for 3mo and made a miraculous, Lazarus-style comeback. Literally ripped the feeding tube out of his mouth and yelled at the nurse...
Totally believable because we don't even know some of the upscale brands here, that's why we ask each other "have you heard of..." or "what do you know about?" If someone like Nataku who owns the world record for posting on any thread anywhere here with 47,000 posts occasionally sees a new logo or whatever...counterfeiting that brand would be a dumb business decision if you were looking to move it in quantity.however, fake Gap? Now you're talking. That's why at some of the...
When "google doc" originally showed up in discussion, I didn't really get the idea but now that I look at it, I see it might work.I'll put a couple things on it, see what happens.How do we promote it? I.E. so it doesn't die like the Thrifter's Trading Post thread? We need to somehow remind people here that it exists without other people coming and trashing the doc. However...the people on the B&S who are interested in cash money are not interested in trading so maybe it...
Before we spin this into an annoying threak, I will interject: I did the thrifter's trading post thing and that was a dead thread.My only thought re:trading is setting up my own tumblr and then putting a link to it in my sig with new highlights added. Would anyone go there? I am rethrifting a lot and giving away (pal of mine is exactly my size and got his life stolen while he was in hospital -- including clothes -- and he adores the stuff I bring him, one wash basket at a...
I am just learning/Googling around on this label, on SF and elsewhere.Why did you decide this particular coat "made the cut" and was good enough for you? What is the appeal? I know of one almost like it at my local SA...it's a Royal Classic, too.Am I right in seeing it as kind of a Hardy Amies -- some good, some bad, some good but really old and too far outdated, some new and totally worth picking up if you're picky?Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Your description of the Chaps tie cracks me up. Good luck
In all seriousness, I typically see these referred to as "[BRAND HERE] Zegna Cloth" or something close. Like you might see "Daniel Cremieux Loro Piana."
"Senior member" status means 100 posts. If you saw the moronic crap I've been posting on Creepy Sartorialist thread, you'd understand quickly that "Senior Member" in some cases can translate to "more wasted time than normal people."Just sayin'.Also, there's this:Those pants and suit aren't Zenga. They're Zegna. Spoo could you verify?