or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

WTF?Spooky thrift story, part VIIIn other news, I think I was the straw that broke Lilly Pulitzer's back. I was going to wear the only item of hers I own--an orange polka dot tie--to church yesterday, which I had gotten out and arranged on my clothes rack (yeah, wife got me one for birthday, it's awesome, although at times I feel like a certain compulsive SF WAYWRN veteran who likes to poast pix of his fit and then what the outfit looked like on his clothes rack) until I...
Now all you need is an antique wardrobe owned by an RAF fighter pilot made from alternating panels of birdseye and tiger maple harvested from the swamps of Dunkirk or whatever...to store all these museum pieces! I often see military (or firefighter parade gear) and am tempted because of all the cool swag & the fact they give you names of firemen and servicemen (and women) to research -- and they have real stories--but don't I go down that path because once I start, my...
I don't mean to beat the Orvis outlet thing to death, but one tip if you go -- you'll be blown away, ha -- note they carry some amazing high-end Brit stuff like Cordings and even some Barbour and other brands that will give you a thrift-store shart when you see. On the other end -- while they don't lard their racks with outlet-only diffusion crap like the Rack or BB's "346" stuff, they do occasionally carry some less-than-Orvis other brands. I've also seen some...
check itbut watch the site for their tent sales/warehouse sales. The effing "homecoming" or whatever they called their free food-n-beer and multiple tent sale at Manchester Vt mothership last spring (live bands there, too, which I think disturbed the old dudes' fly tying, happening concurrently) was the greatest. thing. ever. but I can't figure out when this year's is at their Web site. They also have huge sales at their outlets around 4th of July where they practically...
yeah quoting is wonky at the moment but Nataku, my closet is slowly being taken over by Orvis stuff. That and getting picky on the eBay is what I'm spending all the spoils of your and spoo's auctions on... They don't have French cuffs, they don't have a lot of "non sporting" stuff, so there's only so far one can ride the Orvis train. But between this outlet (and the barbour across the parking lot) and the mothership in Manchester VT I've gotten so much great stuff...
I love the Orvis outlet. When they are having end of season blowouts. Everything in the bagwas $19 each. [[SPOILER]]
I posted that thing live from the store rack as a joke and we went through the trade motions after 3 thrift threaders persuaded me it was worth doubling back and kopping. You actually make it look presentable. Well played.
This is pro advice.The Huntsmans I found were orphan jackets at first and I was really really bummed -- not for the flippability or tradeability, but just when you find something nice like that you grieve in general that it was separated...if you're a clothes dork like me, and if you're poasting here, you'd better be hahahaha...and there they were, 4-5 racks away, together, just like the coats were paired in the coat section. Was not as successful with a corneliani found...
U R always a gentleman and treat people well here. Karma will reward.Seen Huntsman discussed here but refused to believe it existed in the wild. Until [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] Both owned by same dude. Not having measured I'm going to guess a 40R-ish. The pant legs are long. Must have been 6-0, 6-1ishJust a general comment: These Robert Graham shirts are spreading on racks like e. coli at Burger King.
+1Cannonball is great (love the stuff with Joe Z on the Wurlitzer!!!!!)and I like the Miles Quintet Prestige records...I have most of Miles' recordings but this is my fave track, I can just listen to it on repeat all day...nice collar too -- that guy knew how to dress, didn't he