or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

you can get those yet today.I was in the LL Bean outlet today, actually.Anything with that label is the "signature" line. 2x $$$You might be right, those may be old.However, you can get any of a number of items with that label now (including boots 75% off) in my town's outlet store, today. The signature stuff I find, typically, at the outlet has a "returned" label FYI
I think the technical term for that would be "man purse," no?So a couple weeks ago I refused to poast a pic of a thrifted Hermes tie that to me was so revolting that it looked like someone vomited orange sherbet in a field of dandelions going to seed. I said just wait 'til it makes it to Spooland.Here you go!I do have a brag, he makes my greatest tie find ever, an E Marinella, look just stunning. I've had this a year-plus, and the scale of the pattern seems to not go with...
Oh, I don't care that macklemore is in an advert -- moar power to him. Just...we lost our thrift muse. It was a snapshot in time...and it's over. (I'm gonna pop some tags, I got $3,000 in my poc--ket!) Good luck to him in his career's next phase -- and to you all (clink) Thrifters will appreciate the port glasses came free with a bottle some moons ago Caught in the background of the photo purely by accident -- saddleback briefcase...the reviews are all true. Spent...
Sorry if this is a repeat post but apparently our thrift muse ryan macklemore has sold out, doing a Nordstrom wedding video advert. Yeah that's the man himself. ANd his own song. GUess that excludes him from what looks to be an awesome thrift formalwear thread (all I have is the j. press shirt and I keep looking and looking!!!! but if I eventually build a tux-y thing i'll poast)
WTF?Spooky thrift story, part VIIIn other news, I think I was the straw that broke Lilly Pulitzer's back. I was going to wear the only item of hers I own--an orange polka dot tie--to church yesterday, which I had gotten out and arranged on my clothes rack (yeah, wife got me one for birthday, it's awesome, although at times I feel like a certain compulsive SF WAYWRN veteran who likes to poast pix of his fit and then what the outfit looked like on his clothes rack) until I...
Now all you need is an antique wardrobe owned by an RAF fighter pilot made from alternating panels of birdseye and tiger maple harvested from the swamps of Dunkirk or whatever...to store all these museum pieces! I often see military (or firefighter parade gear) and am tempted because of all the cool swag & the fact they give you names of firemen and servicemen (and women) to research -- and they have real stories--but don't I go down that path because once I start, my...
I don't mean to beat the Orvis outlet thing to death, but one tip if you go -- you'll be blown away, ha -- note they carry some amazing high-end Brit stuff like Cordings and even some Barbour and other brands that will give you a thrift-store shart when you see. On the other end -- while they don't lard their racks with outlet-only diffusion crap like the Rack or BB's "346" stuff, they do occasionally carry some less-than-Orvis other brands. I've also seen some...
check itbut watch the site for their tent sales/warehouse sales. The effing "homecoming" or whatever they called their free food-n-beer and multiple tent sale at Manchester Vt mothership last spring (live bands there, too, which I think disturbed the old dudes' fly tying, happening concurrently) was the greatest. thing. ever. but I can't figure out when this year's is at their Web site. They also have huge sales at their outlets around 4th of July where they practically...
yeah quoting is wonky at the moment but Nataku, my closet is slowly being taken over by Orvis stuff. That and getting picky on the eBay is what I'm spending all the spoils of your and spoo's auctions on... They don't have French cuffs, they don't have a lot of "non sporting" stuff, so there's only so far one can ride the Orvis train. But between this outlet (and the barbour across the parking lot) and the mothership in Manchester VT I've gotten so much great stuff...
I love the Orvis outlet. When they are having end of season blowouts. Everything in the bagwas $19 each. [[SPOILER]]