or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Thrift gods have been evening things out lately, as if to say "You found two Huntsmans a couple weeks ago. You need to see a lot of ancient Zegnas and hole-ridden Canalis for a while, among the Strathmore and Evan-Piccones and Oscar de la Renta." Found this tonight, tho, I will wear it at least a couple times before sending to Spooland. It may help me overcome my aversion to brown ties, it's pretty cool...
Kind of?
...the Jobs Jacket would force you to carry the built-in Stocks and Passbook documents that reappear in the pockets when you throw them away, and track everywhere you go and sell your location to the highest bidder....all the while telling you how much better than the Gates jacket it is. And it would reek of patchouli
Returned to ll bean outlet today for kids clothes. They are having a heckuva sale and have truckloads of good stuff. EazyE here's some signature label pix -- I see your boots had "Inc." on the signature label and the characters seems smashed (kerned) together moar closely than these labels. I would guess those are the tells old v new From a coat, above and below. Below that, khaki shorts. Note the word "signature" appears only in hang tag, although "Freeport Maine"...
classic thrift thread post, the BIll Gates suit.Now if you could only flip it because of the provenance. Unfortunately, it's probably not worth much (you wouldn't believe how much stuff people brought to me as a sports memorabilia writer -- "but this is Mickey Mantle's cigarette lighter!" "DId he use it to hit a home run or sign it?" "No, but it's Mickey Mantle's!" "Sorry, son.") but it's something that SHOULD be.Although, in this case, I wonder what an appraiser would...
Oh I don't doubt they're vintage. The new stuff doesn't all say signature, and usually the signature is reversed out on a dark label. Just went thru all my shirts and coats and apparently I've swapped/given away the pieces I had. In the men's clothes I can't tell the diff between signature and reg lines quality wise but when I get clothes at the outlet for my wife there's a huge step up quality wise I've noticed with the women's signature stuff...it's funny how I see ll...
you can get those yet today.I was in the LL Bean outlet today, actually.Anything with that label is the "signature" line. 2x $$$You might be right, those may be old.However, you can get any of a number of items with that label now (including boots 75% off) in my town's outlet store, today. The signature stuff I find, typically, at the outlet has a "returned" label FYI
I think the technical term for that would be "man purse," no?So a couple weeks ago I refused to poast a pic of a thrifted Hermes tie that to me was so revolting that it looked like someone vomited orange sherbet in a field of dandelions going to seed. I said just wait 'til it makes it to Spooland.Here you go!I do have a brag, he makes my greatest tie find ever, an E Marinella, look just stunning. I've had this a year-plus, and the scale of the pattern seems to not go with...
Oh, I don't care that macklemore is in an advert -- moar power to him. Just...we lost our thrift muse. It was a snapshot in time...and it's over. (I'm gonna pop some tags, I got $3,000 in my poc--ket!) Good luck to him in his career's next phase -- and to you all (clink) Thrifters will appreciate the port glasses came free with a bottle some moons ago Caught in the background of the photo purely by accident -- saddleback briefcase...the reviews are all true. Spent...
Sorry if this is a repeat post but apparently our thrift muse ryan macklemore has sold out, doing a Nordstrom wedding video advert. Yeah that's the man himself. ANd his own song. GUess that excludes him from what looks to be an awesome thrift formalwear thread (all I have is the j. press shirt and I keep looking and looking!!!! but if I eventually build a tux-y thing i'll poast)