or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

I wonder what the VICE people would think of Spoo and DM7. Da gangstaz of thrift
great effin story. This is the stuff I do with my thrift proceeds, but not with cars. With other stuff that would normally get me killed by my other half if I weren't using proceeds from flipping through SPoo...and dipping into the grocery fund...
So I've been amassing vinyl at thrift stores across 8 states along with clothes. May have to start a blog. Fascinating music-cultural stuff those stacks reveal. Hard not to buy some records out of pure intellectual curiosity (i.e. "What the fuck is a ZITHER? Do I have to invest a buck to find out?") You can unicorn my ass but I swear I found some fanatstic Polo bench made in Maine tassel loafews I'm gonna wear all summer until they turn into pulp. Oh, and a Rubinacci coat...
Since I am incompetent with iPad multi quote, I will say thanks for the well wishes and leave it at that.Nice Peals, Wes.Who hasn't bought a white napkin and rocked the TV Fold in a pinch?I was just passing through for a couple days. Ur thrifting grounds are safe. Didn't find much to keep but there's much potential in those racks!!!!I would imagine that the closer you get to Round Rock the better the racks get? Just a theory, observing the tech capitols of the US and the...
Lord almighty Wes. THe Thrift Shoe Czar. Question for you below. Ducking in for an update. I've been crazee lately, trip to Austin on business last week, was able to hit 7-8 thrifts off hours like this thing: Where I found my first Alan McAfee's, in my size. Thanks CesarC, that Canali came back nice from the tailor. Me on the job in the McAfee's but forgot to pack my damn pocket squares. Also am getting into vinyl now because of you freaks. Been picky picky picky...
Don't usually pimp my lots here, but I have a couple awesome lots that SF people will probably get for a song because "Hunstman" isn't as popular a search term on eBay as Brioni or "Gabbana" so if someone's going to win them for cheap, I'd rather it be my SF brothers who can appreciate it. I love these, sadly I'm too big for them... In my Spoo consignment pile this week I'd like to say -- I can has Huntsman suit and if it fits, I have another, in tweed
sick. Ask DM7 what sick means. Am I a bad person for saying this? Or just an old person...
What was I supposed to do when the proprietor of my favorite independent thrift store (whose stuff I've made cray cash reselling, as well as filled 1/3 of my closet...) comes up to me and insists I buy the stark white silk Italy NWT Cesarani jacket he had saved back for me? It had original Filene's MSRP $395 tags. "Perfect for summer, I thought of you, you're in the V.I.P. club!" I took it and said thank you. It does have pick stitching on the lapels and pockets. Fabric...
The people of this thrift thread, while I must say sometimes are a little rough around the edges (me included)...are by and large some class dudes. Lookin' at you, Hansderhund, in particular this morning. That is all.
SPOO, holy crap high-five on a great week consigning my stuff (he just killed it on eBay for me) Thanks again.