or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

Don't usually pimp my lots here, but I have a couple awesome lots that SF people will probably get for a song because "Hunstman" isn't as popular a search term on eBay as Brioni or "Gabbana" so if someone's going to win them for cheap, I'd rather it be my SF brothers who can appreciate it. I love these, sadly I'm too big for them... In my Spoo consignment pile this week I'd like to say -- I can has Huntsman suit and if it fits, I have another, in tweed
sick. Ask DM7 what sick means. Am I a bad person for saying this? Or just an old person...
What was I supposed to do when the proprietor of my favorite independent thrift store (whose stuff I've made cray cash reselling, as well as filled 1/3 of my closet...) comes up to me and insists I buy the stark white silk Italy NWT Cesarani jacket he had saved back for me? It had original Filene's MSRP $395 tags. "Perfect for summer, I thought of you, you're in the V.I.P. club!" I took it and said thank you. It does have pick stitching on the lapels and pockets. Fabric...
The people of this thrift thread, while I must say sometimes are a little rough around the edges (me included)...are by and large some class dudes. Lookin' at you, Hansderhund, in particular this morning. That is all.
SPOO, holy crap high-five on a great week consigning my stuff (he just killed it on eBay for me) Thanks again.
Help. At some point I read some piece on SF or elsewhere about searching for buttons on eBay for sport coats. found buttons, bought them, etc. This article explained what search operators would narrow things down. I need 2 sets right now for a couple coats...and Jo-Ann sucks. I've bought sets in the past on eBay! But when I search tonight, it's all lots for coats bragging about the buttons in the listing titles. How to I narrow the x thousand lots down to show actual...
OK I doubled back and got the Calvin Klein COllection jacket. Authorities here...ID label Vestimenta or something else (good or suck...seems like a well built piece?) Also a Dunhill shirt that I like...
Here's some Wisdom, Knowledge & Truth: Speaking of Robert Graham and the Maxx, I dropped by my fave looking for Kiton ties after recent poasts here got my hopes up...and found none. And they appear to have just loaded the racks with awesome markdowns of everything, they were stuffed (OK, I won't pay $139 for an RLBL cashmere sweater, but I acknowledge that's a hell of a deal if you're in the market). However, I saw Robert Graham ties. They were marked down to $20, which,...
Oh, can anyone tell me who makes "Calvin Klein Collection" made in Italy? I had a SC tonight but the label was too faded to shoot or I would have...passed on it but wonder if it was a good one or just meh...
Thrift gods have been evening things out lately, as if to say "You found two Huntsmans a couple weeks ago. You need to see a lot of ancient Zegnas and hole-ridden Canalis for a while, among the Strathmore and Evan-Piccones and Oscar de la Renta." Found this tonight, tho, I will wear it at least a couple times before sending to Spooland. It may help me overcome my aversion to brown ties, it's pretty cool...