or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

my pebblegrain find yesterday sent me on a "Great vintage American shoes" Internet reading deep dive. Which always ends up with an eBay tear searching for Nettleton's. Love those. Bought these, on a best offer I'm still feeling guilty about (especially if the seller's one of us, ha...but still way higher than I'd pay for anything at a thrift store FWIW). Hey wait, those f@ckers aren't mismatched are they?
tie wrinklesI have ruined a bunch of ties, ha! What I have learned:Steamer does get some wrinkles outPress too hard with iron and blades flatten/points go crooked irreparablyIron too hot = acetate flambe if that's what's on the other sideIf you get the wrinkles half out, hang ties for a couple weeks and the rest might straighten itself outSome just won't ever come out without lethal force/heatCareful with steam, overuse sometimes causes colors to run/bleed
I started out with "can't be" in my own judgment and then upgraded to "maybe." It's all usually obvious to me. The pebble grain complicates it.
....continuing "shell-or-not" discussion in tricky pebblegrainSure! Spoiler'ed so I don't kill the cell phone viewers...who prefer not to invest in their data plan looking at these beauties. [[SPOILER]] Thanks, people. Also, it appears that Crown Windsor for a time was a shell-only line. I think these fall into that period, I haven't found any non-shells with the "hand lasted" in gothic letters...yet. But I'm just some guy Googling, I am not authoritative by any means...
Help ID, please. (Wes? Mainy?)New Goodwill opened next town over (glad I missed the CEO at the grand opening...what would I say? "How long's it gonna be before the prices go up to ridiculous prices depending on brand?").Brought home a couple Zegna ties, a super soft 1991 Bobby Jones wool SC in purple plaid over forest green (looks really cool). Also found these pebble grains with maybe the fattest soles I own. "Comfort Arch" and "Hand Lasted" in gothic letters is all I...
Just a hypothesis but I think a lot of post Christmas/fall overstocks/returns wend their way through the retail system now and maxx/Marshall's is the end of the line. Seems like feb-march they're good to cruise and then again in mid July to sept as retail stores unload what's left to make way for new fall/back to school stockOther times they're hit or miss...you can luck into corneliani clearance or whatever at any time, it's just my luck, at least runs better the...
One of my all time favorite finds, shell nettleton's I'm guessing 1960s
Yes rusty -- but not the red kind. Soft and fuzzy. Double vented. Sleeves will have to come up a smidgen but I'm wearing it as is tomorrow, big meeting and then I have to be children's choir dad keeping the little ones in line at 645 Ash Wednesday service...and I love showing off to the organist (this guy, if on SF, would crush us all, he's a trad dandy unafraid of even busting out white bucks when the time is right)...recently found what have to be nwot thick dark brown...
Beers after work with my office mates, feeling a bit free. Moseyed down to the Maxx/Marshall's and they had the Polo wool/leather bags like were posted here a couple days ago but $199 (ugh). Piles of them. $199 Zegna shirts and an Etro coat for $599.But sometimes, you feel a bit free and spend a bit more than you would in a thrift because you had beers after work, a little money in yo pocket, and what the hell...seeing all that thrift store dreck for months on end --...
I know there's some cashmere in here because of the feel test next to an actual 100% cashmere jacket I have, and they feel the same to me. The burn test won't say "blend" or "100%." But thanks for trying!