or Connect

Posts by LooknGr8

I gotta send the Vintage Fashion Guild a pic of my label. They don't have it and could add it to the collection. Thanks for your contribution here, even though it raises more questions (happens a lot here because those manufacturers refuse to date their garments like the mind does coins, ha)Just by the "C" in company, compared to the dates at the Label Resource, I am guessing 1965-1972. Ish
PS: My girlfriend from college mailed me love notes during holiday breaks written on the back of Waffle House paper placemats....during breaks on her shifts. No, we didn't get married.
Sick as a dog, you guys should be glad you can't catch this vile cold over the Internet. Ugh. Today's find. Vintage...short sleeved wool cardigan? Shirt? Where was this intended to be worn? Also if it has a button in the back of the collar, is that designed to keep a tie in order, or just to keep the collar from going sloppy? Also, any guesses on vintage? I say 50s-early 60s, my wife -- who is a font expert but not a clothes expert -- is betting older
Was it shrinkage or is that just Paul Smith sizing? I found a cool M, was stoked...then put it on back at home. If it was an S in real life that would be exaggerating. A thrift I go to has an XL I was going to pick up but...collar fraying. I should go and try it on -- and then we'd know.
I have this exact shirt, I bought clearance at the Orvis outlet. I love the shirt but 3 of those @#$%#$@^#$%$%^& rivets have come off in 2 washings and you can't put them back on. You can't apply the spare, either, as they apparently use heat in some part of the application process. Can't decide whether to take it to the Orvis mothership in Manchester, VT and ask WTF I can get in exchange or...put buttons on it and call it a day. I love the shirt, it's nice, a different...
PSA for all those who have the luxury of Polo, Sak's Off 5th, BB (higher-end) outlets, etc. I did a cruise today knowing that some good stuff might pop up. Places are loaded right now. In particular, the BB outlet had gotten a truckload of retail (not '346') stuff and practically all the store was discounted 60-70-80% off. Now that still isn't perfect thrift prices but the NWT premium is worth it sometimes, n'est ce pas? I looked and looked and looked. There was some gr8...
Boh, Staxringold directly inspired my latest avatar.
Who said anything about funny? We as a group are polite, and take pride in helping others in the stores and on this thread. We on the whole are compassionate and benevolent. But when greedy losers show their stripes...get out of our way. One thing we ain't is a bunch of doormats.
Klobber, maybe it's time we reprise the "if and when it's appropriate to pass gas while thrifting" discussion. I think you had some legit justifications for pulling the trigger...sometimes you need some space.