or Connect

Posts by dynemacron

The canvassing would run along the front of the jacket. There is a possibility that the canvassing might continue into the shoulders (from my understanding). I have a couple jackets from Ma.Co. and they are fully canvassed.
That is shoulder padding that is tack stitched into place.
Up for sale is an sport coat from Sartoria Partenopea NWOT. I purchased this last summer in Rome during the sales, and I liberated it from Italy without any tags attached, lest customs realizes it wasn't purchased there. Made of a beautiful blend of Silk, Cotton, Linen in a wonderful hopsack, the fabric has a wonderful salmon pink color created by the mix of white and red woven yarns. It is fully canvassed, has plenty of handwork (I am most fond of the hand attached...
I bought two pairs of Allen Edmonds from another Styleforum member, thinking with the measurements of the outsole that it would be adequate to fit me. Unfortunately, since I have never gotten Allen Edmonds before, they do not; I tried on only the black Park Avenue for about 2 minutes, realized there was too much material on the upper, and decided I needed to unload these shoes. Being sold for slightly more than I paid to cover the inevitable cost of shipping, but willing...
I bought two pairs of Allen Edmonds from another Styleforum member, thinking with the measurements of the outsole that it would be adequate to fit me. Unfortunately, since I have never gotten Allen Edmonds before, they do not; I tried on only the black Park Avenue for about 2 minutes, realized there was too much material on the upper, and decided I needed to unload these shoes. Being sold for slightly more than I paid to cover the inevitable cost of shipping, but willing...
Had ordered two pair. Sonlegoman is rather responsive in terms of messages, and the cufflinks are great. Well packaged.
Got two pocket squares from Acecow. I really like the fabric, the white linen is great, and the hand rolled edges seem very stable thanks to quality stitching.
Reply sent. Thanks for the brilliantly quick PM.
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie Anyone else had EG do a resole lately? Curious on latest pricing. Hopefully I won't have to use the service for a good while though. If only NYC would get around to carpeting their sidewalks... Or I could just go for the 50-shoe rotation solution. Or the Aportnoy 1000-shoe solution. What happened to him? I'm curious as to the pricing as well.