or Connect

Posts by Fred G. Unn

Try here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc/18780_30
No, the article states that if the rumor is true, it still has a headphone jack, but doesn't include any of those things."Based on a leaked MacBook Pro shell, the upcoming MacBook Pro will include four USB-C ports and a headphone jack, with Apple doing away with all other ports on the machine. If the shell is an actual part, the machine will not include an SD card slot, HDMI port, USB-A port, or a MagSafe connection."
Did anyone see this from Mac Rumors? http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/14/apple-macbook-pro-survey/ I get that Apple wants to simplify things, but no SD slot, HDMI, or MagSafe? Hmm ...
^^^ sorry, I'm a little slow this morning. Didn't realize that was from HBO.
Agreed. For that amount of $$$ in the wired world you can be looking at the ATM-M50x, Grado SR125, Beyer DT700, etc, for over-ear or the Shure SE315, Westone W10, or Ety HF5 for earbuds, all of which I'd be willing to bet will be better sounding cans than the AirPods. I know there's a lot of tech in them, but if they don't sound any better than the regular Apple EarPods, that's a pretty hefty price to pay. If the AirPods were sub-$100 I'd just sort of shrug my shoulders,...
Unfortunately, you are likely right about this.
I've gone from Apple to Samsung to OnePlus back to Apple. Honestly the main reason I went back to Apple is because my wife and kids are on it so we can share apps, use FaceTime, I can see where the hell they are, etc. If you go Android, you might want to check out the OnePlus 3 though. Same Snapdragon 820 as the Pixel, but bigger battery with "Dash" that will charge a full day in a half hour, more RAM (6GB vs 4), unlocked, rooting doesn't void warranty, Sony camera, etc....
+1. It just seems like a huge missed opportunity. I get that the future will likely be wireless, but there is absolutely no benefit to making users either use an adapter, buy new wired headphones, or listen to compressed music via Bluetooth. (Well, benefit to the user I mean, there's a clear financial benefit to Apple, which is what this is really about.) I'm on a 6S and have sort of been doing the every-other-version upgrade routine so I probably will sit this one out...
Sold!
To me the really cool thing about the two lens setup isn't necessarily the two lenses themselves, but the fact that the processor can use the discrepancy between the two lenses to allow for some focal point and depth of field adjustment after the shot. We'll see how it's implemented and of course the sensors are still really tiny, but there is potential to do really amazing stuff.Here's an article from about a year ago about a cell phone sized camera with 16...