or Connect

Posts by Fred G. Unn

Thanks DWFII!
Franceschetti dark brown half brogue bluchers, size EU44 (US11), $239: http://www.yoox.com/us/44653847AH/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44653847AH&sizeId=13 I don't know much about the brand, but they look pretty nice and considering Barney's usually sells 'em for $630 or so, it might be a good deal for someone.
I just received my first pair of Goyser welted Dinkelacker boots. I thought the conventional wisdom was that the Goyser welt is more waterproof than Goodyear, but then I saw this post by DWFII where he mentioned that if the thread wasn't properly waxed it could actually wick moisture into the shoe. Do any of you that own Goyser welted shoes do any sort of maintenance on the welt stitching? Should I periodically hit it with some clear wax to keep it sealed?
Dinkelacker's incoming! Thanks @edmorel! I got the UK9, but as of now he still has the UK8.5 available. http://www.styleforum.net/t/422185/volpe-bespoke-jackets-nib-trickers-nib-dinkelacker-boots-and-budas-clearance/0_30#post_7378490
Just sent Ed a PM for those Dinkelacker boots! Hopefully no one grabbed the UK9s yet.
PM sent for the UK9 boots!
Nooooooooo! I cleaned up the past two years at that sale. The first year they even had Caruso for Drake's SCs for stupid cheap.
Hmm, I don't doubt you, but I don't think I've owned any where the back is touching and the front of the heel is lifted up a bit. I honestly hadn't paid that much attention to it before though. Since C&J has this feature/flaw clearly displayed on the first page of their site, I just emailed them to see if they would elaborate on this. I'm not really anticipating much of a response, but if it's anything interesting I'll post it here.
If they were aiming for dead flat and were making mistakes so they were slightly off, I would think they would sometimes miss by a few mm at the front and sometimes a few mm at the back. The heel spring always seems to occur at the back though. That's why I assumed it was either by design or they were just erring on the side of a gap at the back.
So while perfectly flat would be preferred, this is difficult to achieve in a cost effective way for most RTW manufacturers so they always err on the side of having a small heel spring at the back of the heel rather than front. Correct?