or Connect

Posts by Brian SD

it's fine open without the belt IMO. Pharell rarely makes anything look good, to be fair...
Is the derby jacket new? I admit I know little about Vansons models. It's almost like Vanson just decided to make it on their own once CdG stopped production after AW10. It's damn near identical. The pocket size and angles, collar and lapel size... I can't spot any differences in the design.
Well we need to find a balance between having too much going on and being minimal. Keep in mind that we have a specific model that we're using as inspiration. I like the derby jacket that was posted earlier in the thread as it's basically the same jacket as the Junya. With side adjusters instead of a belt and some tweaks to the upper areas it could be just about right.
I love the term "sausaged out", it's very descriptive.
Are there any particular shops in Tokyo that you do business with? I get the impression that some places order from you frequently.Edit:Here is the VAJ-3I would make the arms slimmer, the shoulders less square, and the armholes slightly higher. Length and fit through the body are a-ok, but double riders tend to be a little shorter, don't they? Wouldn't want to go much (if at all) shorter than that. The model is like 175cm too, so he's on the shorter side.
Any chance we could get fit pics with Batman-style nipples pasted on? Based on the rider that I wore (C2) it would definitely need to be 2, maybe 3" longer to fit in with the kind of trousers most of us wear. question for Thurston bros: is there a stockist in Tokyo that carries your Japan slim/super slim cuts? I'm really intrigued by Fok's impressions and I'd like to see how it fits on my frame Here is the Junya x Vanson with side adjustors visible
Thanks for the helpful info. Looking forward to @LA Guy's impressions on the sample.
Thanks for the info. That makes sense wrt leather quality. I don't ride and I wouldn't mind a lighter leather strictly speaking, but if the quality isn't as high then that kind of defeats the purpose. Hopefully we can find the right balance. The C2 size 34 was actually slightly too snug around the waist, but the shoulders, upper back and arms were roomy. I think what you may consider "super slim" is fairly standard for me since I've got a really wiry frame.Here's the Junya...
They have t-necks in multiple colors every winter at Uniqlo for as long as I can remember, though the fabric tends to vary slightly year by year.I have personally been disappointed in the fit Uniqlo dress shirts - even the +J ones with Jil Sander's name attached. While the fabrics are generally nice for the price you pay, the fits are boxy and too short for slim people. They may be sized slightly differently in the US, but I doubt that they're going to be smarter than the...
Glad to see you're around too, Fuuma. Nice avatar Used Junya riders seem to go between $900-1200 at the moment. It's tempting since I'm looking for a new rider myself, but think I'll stick with this project. Custom orders are always fun and the rayon sleeves vs. full quilted lining is an attractive element, plus it should come in at 1/2 or 2/3 the price depending on what you're able to find.