or Connect

Posts by Brian SD

Indeed. Lord those are beautiful cardigans.I haven't bought anything from SS in awhile except a shirt that was Japan-only, so I had to pay Japan-price. Is SW the only American stockist? IIRC their mark-up is pretty significant, though certainly cheaper than where I live.
No, not quite, unless you're being extremely generous with your math. Porto doesn't get those players as cheaply as is reported (for example the 5.5m fee for Hulk was only for 50% of his rights, when they ponied up for another 30% of his rights, they paid 13m-ish), and they also don't get the full fee in return when they sell them since they rarely own 100% of the players. Again bringing up the Hulk example, the reported fee is 60 million but of that 40m was paid to Porto,...
To be fair I don't think Villas Boas really said anything wrong. While Lloris hasn't really said or done anything to make headlines up until now, knowing the rest of the personnel in the French national team, would it surprise anyone that he's stirring the pot and making a fuss, even this early in his Tottenham career? This is the team that has: Patrice Evra, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Yann M'Vila, Samir Nasri, etc. It's a stunningly high ratio of petulant children to...
I'm absolutely gutted about the result vs. Man City. I hate using the word "deserve" to talk about winning or losing matches, but both of City's goals were gifts on silver platters. Reina should have moved out to the corner of the box when he rolled the ball to Skrtel to give him an angle for a back pass, or at least shout at him to hoof it up the field. A few more days left in the transfer window. Hopefully we'll be in for some fun. Tottenham could have a monster week.
Talking about the signing of the year after two game weeks? Jesus, Joseph and Mary...
If Shinji is used in central midfield, as it seems he may be, then I can pretty much guarantee that you'll see many more dominant performances by big strong Premier League CMs over the season. He is great going forward and can win the ball back high up the pitch, but he'll get bossed by players like Fellaini, Yaya Toure, Lucas, etc.Expect a dismal season if he's played out wide or in the center of midfield. He's good in between the lines in a 4-5-1.
He'll show his class over the season, no doubt. I'm sure we'll see him pop up with goals here and there, but I don't think anyone can expect another season like he had last year.Kagawa was United's best outfield player, but during the most decisive moments he was often stepping on Rooney's toes. I think both players like to play in the same sort of manner, and it draws further questions about signing Shinji, who would be better served at a team that press and push higher...
Pretty much invisible. It's almost as if he was an unnecessary signing and Ferguson should have looked at the gaping holes in midfield, where United rolled over and took whatever Fellaini felt like giving them for 91 minutes.
Burton, you my friend need to calm down. There is a reason most people do not like Manchester United. Stop adding to it.
Playing both RVP and Rooney would mean that to fit in Kagawa they'd have to play some kind of 4-3-3 amalgamation. Kagawa would have been much better at Arsenal, Man City, or Spurs. United won't play to his strengths unless they change their style of playing. The Japanese newspapers here are saying that his position will be on the right wing. I suppose they could push him out there if they must but Shinji is absolutely dire on the wings. I think he'll have trouble getting...