or Connect

Posts by Zobo

Quote: Originally Posted by Chouse How does one go about becoming an investment banker with a law degree? I'm stuck in the biglaw grind as well... I fucked up Not difficult at all, 2 of the associates I have worked with (2nd & 3rd year level) here at Davis Polk have both left in the last year; one to Credit Suisse and the other to JP. I should include a caveat that we all work in the M&A/Private Equity team, and the skills (as well as the...
Get out whilst you still can... Based on my 3 years as an associate at Davis Polk in NY, and now 2 years at Slaughter and May in London, I'd say that if you want money, go and be an investment banker, if you want a good life, go "work" for government. The law is a place for suckers.
Try the following places: * Cravath, Swaine & Moore * Davis Polk & Wardwell * Latham & Watkins * Sullivan & Cromwell * White & Case * Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton * Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz ...and of course, the crowd favourite and pioneer of the poison pill * Skadden Arps Good luck!