or Connect

Posts by ridefar

Well this is wildly off topic, but if you enjoy that sort of thing and you are ever in the neighborhood (Egypt) you should check out St. Catherine's monastery. Their collection is ridiculous, as is the fact that is basically unguarded (granted, it sits in the middle of a desert pretty close to Mars in terms of populace and aridity). The age and the uniqueness of the manuscripts is jaw dropping. You guys that live in NY are friggin lucky. Those of us here in the sticks can...
I am hoping it looks bad because it is either really windy or he is moving funny somehow. Because that is one of the worst fit TF suits I have ever seen.
Oh. I get it. I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Yes, you are right, of course! Bad ROI.
Grendel, I honestly have no idea what the heck you are trying to say...
I snagged a new with tags TF suede field jacket recently from the ebay. There seems to be a bunch of really neat stuff out there. That robe is not really a great deal at 40% off-- the jacket I got was about 65% off. Now I just need to find a similar deal on a TF shearling bomber. I was recently quoted $11495 for a new one in the autumn/winter 2012 line. Needless to say I passed. I should really have had kids just so I could sell them at times like these...
Bottom line... why wouldnt you? Unless you didnt buy it from a TF store or boutique, why not? I would email them, explain the situation, and throw yourself at their mercy. I would also do it soon, because typically TF fabrics run out pretty quickly. It seems like you have sleeves on the way, so that is probably not an issue, but you could well run into a situation where there is no more fabric in that pattern and color available. That would be bad. Honestly, I wouldnt take...
The thing about TF's website these days is that it is an ad campaign done in flash. Meaning it has about as much relevance to what you wear if you were to go into a store and buy something as the pictures of naked girls. Meaning none at all. Other than showing a few neat fabrics it is utterly divorced from the buying experience. And to take it a step further, MTM is even more different. With the MTM stuff, you can pick from a dozen or so different collar types on shirts...
Do she do men's normally? I know her from her women's couture stuff, which is often kind of mad genius, but this is the first menswear I have seen of hers. I find her women's either incredible or frightening. Usually incredible.
If VW hadn't stuck her name on that, it would be dismissed as an afront to good tailoring and good fit. It is friggin horrible in almost every way. Perhaps you could salvage enough fabric to make a nice suit for a dwarf? What was she thinking...
Not sure how well it comes through, but there is some nice bevelling at the edges of the waist that really further accentuate the narrowness of the sole there.