or Connect

Posts by Jakezero

I'm guessing that it will be possible to order the "Sartorial Home" items from the UK website once the site is up and the collection is released? I'll be moving to a new apartment in a few months, so if it will be possible to get the collection shipped from within the EU I'm probably going to purchase a few items, especially with the discount previously mentioned.
I'll take your advice regarding the size in consideration, I approximated the initial measurements from the proportions of the HAC 50 in photos. Regarding the design, I initially considered a "boston" style bag, but it just doesn't speak to me the same way as the HAC style design does, I'm not sure why. The design isn't 100% nailed down yet so I'm very much open to suggestions, but I'm set on a HAC-ish design. I've already picked out a maker, but I won't out whom I am...
So, I've been wanting to get a weekend / carry-on bag for a long time, and I've finally decided to go ahead and get one made. I'm currently in talks with a maker, and I've decided to go for a design inspired by the Hermes HAC. Now I'm not too experienced with bags and I could use some feedback. As the bag will be rather large (50 cm long, 41 cm high, 26 cm deep), I thought that weight might become an issue.I thought that an unlined bag might be a decent idea to alleviate...
That's nice to hear, I sent a mail to mail(at)luxire.com with details and images prior to posting here, but I forgot to ask about hand sewing. I'll wait until I hear back from my original inquiry, then I'll add the stitching details.
I've got two pairs of trousers from Luxire thus far, and I'm very happy with them. I'll probably order some linen trousers for summer at a later date, but as I'm currently looking to get a leather weekender, I'm considering getting one made by Luxire. I've read the bag reviews on the site, and in one of them it was mentioned that the stitching is made with machine. As @luxire seems to be in a constant state of change and evolution, I'm wondering if you've made any...
Really nice, am I correct in believing that those are boot trees? Would you mind taking a photo of the trees?
Some of my most recent purchases: English made bristle brushes, one hairbrush (Kent OE1) and one clothesbrush (Kent CR8). Belvest 100% cashmere sport coat in a reddish brown And this arrived today, so still a bit scrunched up. Loro Piana 100% cashmere sport coat in a subtle tan herringbone. This one makes me a bit sad, because it's wonderful and I'm not sure that I can make it work. Essentially entirely unstructured, almost nonexistent shoulder padding, half-ish...
Last is P2.
I found this very interesting, and something which I had never considered before but which now seems so very obvious when it has been pointed out. There is always something new to learn! Had a look at my George boots, and the quarter takes up about 46%, which I guess explains why the boot trees are a bit difficult to remove
I think I would consider myself a boot guy, 7 pairs of boots and 1 pair of shoes, which I never wear. Vass, saddle cordovan. Vass, burgundy cordovan. C&J, dark brown cordovan. Cordovan boot group photo. George boots from Maftei, the eastern european cousin of emptyms boots. Needs better photos, but natural light is barely possible at this time of the year. Also got two pairs of chukkas, C&J Brecon and Alfred Sargent Redgrave, and a pair of cap toe boots in...