or Connect

Posts by Jakezero

I've managed to limit my purchases for the last few months, but this I couldn't resist. A Loro Piana peacoat in dark green cashmere. Got it for a (relative) steal.
I bought these last year, but since they've only seen one wear each I'm letting them go to someone who can get more use out of them than me. Both coats are of the same model and have had the sleeve length very slightly altered, shortened 0,5 - 1,5 cm per sleeve, but the buttons have not been moved and the alteration can easily be undone. There is about 4 cm of fabric allowance to let out the sleeves if needed. Please contact me for a shipping estimate. Buy both together...
My review of the process of getting a bag made by Luxire can now be found in their affiliate thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/17790#post_7932516
Luxire Bag Review I’ve been in the market for a nice weekender for a while, but I wasn’t able to find a bag that was to my taste and that at the same time would fit my budget. After looking around for quite some time I came to the conclusion that what I would optimally want was a Hermès HAC, but I wouldn't spend that much money on a bag even if I could afford it. Thus began my search for a maker that would be able to make me a HAC-style bag. I knew since earlier that...
Received my weekend bag from Luxire yesterday, two quick photos for now but I'll do a proper write-up this weekend.
I wish I could justify using a maker such as April in Paris, but this is not a AiP bag. This does, however, indicate that the bag looks rather more expensive than it actually was. The bag was made by forum affiliate Luxire. There are a few things that didn't end up quite as specified, mainly the feet of the bag, but I'm overall very pleased with the end result compared to the cost of the bag. I'll probably do a full write-up of the long distance bespoke process and review...
I received the custom/bespoke HAC-inspired weekend bag that I've mentioned earlier. I haven't had the time to take proper photos or do a write-up, but I took two quick shots, thought that there might be some interest here.
Nothing to apologize for. I suspected that that'd be the case, I'll get back to you at a later date regarding a L&R in calf for the Stratfield. The idea of a single buckle with several straps is great, but I haven't seen it executed well by too many makers, you and Hermès are two of a few, and I suspect that a L&R calf Stratfield would end up being a superior product when compared to the Hermès alternative.
I got one of your belts back in 2012, a West End in Australian Nut, and I still use it frequently. I'm very fond of it, and I think I'll get another one of your belts sometime during the coming year. One thing that I've wondered is if it would be possible to make a lined and raised for the Stratfield Buckle?
I suspected that might have been the case. I'd love to order a pair of shoes right away, but I'll probably have to buy and furnish an apartment in the next few months, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to commission a pair this year.