or Connect

Posts by Jakezero

2014 insights: While I love tailored clothing, I currently don't have much use for it. I should stick to nicer sweaters and cardigans rather than sport coats. Bespoke footwear is totally worth it for me what with my heel width. I've got enough scarves, I really ought to stop buying them. I've got enough outerwear, I really ought to stop buying more. I probably won't be able to stop buying more of them. 2015 goals: Another pair of bespoke footwear, just what is thus...
I think Maftei did a great job, but the Hervé Brunelle trees are masterpieces. I will say, however, that these boot trees are a bit hard to remove and insert when compared to the Vass ones, I think that it's the hinge and that it's a matter of practice.
Shaft top to top of heel is 15 cm, or 5,9 inches. I placed my order during a trunk show, but in my case the process went appointment for measuring, followed by a fitting and final delivery.At the measurement appointment my feet were measured and castings were made using foam box casting. We discussed what I wanted made, I showed some images and they made some suggestions for leathers based on my ideas. At the fitting, one month after I got measured, they had made up boots...
Received my Maftei boots today, inspired by a pair made by @DWFII for @emptym, and a chukka by Foster & Son. I would have liked to take the photos outdoors, but that was unfortunately not possible. Will try to take a photo in decent lightning when possible. I really ought to learn how to take decent pictures indoors when there's little or no natural lightning available.
Because it is a very nice scarf. Trust me, I got one from Drake's about a month ago, and those retail for 395 GBP. You're getting a deal by comparison.
Turns out that I'm not all that good at not buying things, but at least it's a small purchase this time. Drake's reversible cashmere silk scarf. This is not a current model, a year or two old maybe? Silk might be madder, seller claims it is, but I wouldn't be able to tell either way with my limited experience of silk.
I didn't notice this until today, but that's me getting measured in the picture. About 3 weeks left until the fitting, looking forward to it! (The fitting, that is. Not the 3 hours on a train to get to it )
I definitely prefer cotton rounds over the tip of finger method, it's more comfortable for me. It also removes the need for separate brushes, as the appliers are disposable. The saphir wax is the same one that I use for calf.
Thanks, it's actually just the normal pommadier, but I never used it. I kept it on hand in case there were any scratches that needed a bit of extra attention.For my cordovan boots I use GlenKaren conditioner rather than Renovateur, don't ask me why, I just tried it once and I preferred the results. I use the conditioner in the same way as I would use renovateur. After I brushed of the conditioner I hit the boots with a teeny, tiny bit of wax. I use cotton rounds to apply...
Decided that it was about time for me to give my cordovan austerity brogues some care, still very happy with them.