or Connect

Posts by Edgar Allan Pwn

Okay, so in a last-ditch effort to determine whether to keep the suit or return it and eat the shipping, I've tried a re-shoot, this time from further away and with more zoom so as to mitigate the effect of lens and perspective distortion. And in this last pic I tugged at the lapels a bit to see if I could get them to look like they were rolled a bit closer to the button. I'm undecided on the results. Frankly, I'm leaning towards return.
I'm too scared to post in my own thread. See? That was terrifying.
A little on the casual side today... And I can finally do this shot without being embarassed! End of day. Forgive the wrinkles.
Any chance we could get some rough measurements on the briefcase?
Kinda reminds me of this creepy thing: http://i.imgur.com/7hJJe.jpg
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter I think yours is a case where a combo of SF conventions and fashion trends aren't doing your body type favors. You could probably benefit from heavier shoulder and chest structure to square off your curves, this makes you look a little dumpy. Also the lapels are too narrow for your frame, I say go wider. even peaks will add another horizontal line to reinforce the shoulders. your suit is an "8", what you need is...
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep Good idea for a thread. I'll second the notion that a good tailor will be able to tidy this up for you, also that you would benefit from a lower button position (will make you appear taller, which will de-emphasize the width). I'll add only that I think a single vent might look nice on you as well. I know the trend, in general (and, specifically on SF), is toward double vents, but I think it would also have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Spoo2.0 begins... How about Spoo.0? Spoo-point-oh.
Quote: Originally Posted by alexanduh edgar that suit makes you look fat. No I'm pretty sure it's me making the suit look fat.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Uhh, hello? Sorry if you think I'm stepping on your toes. But the way I see it, your thread is dedicated to photoshops that you, and only you, perform to "idealize" a given suit. Wider lapels, a lower button point, a longer jacket, wider shoulders, etc., aren't always possible, feasible, or reasonable when you're dealing with an OTR suit. I think it helps to give people a better idea of what to look for in...