or Connect

Posts by dave5

if these are Bentivegna I am interested as these are my size. could you post pictures? thanks
sending pm
that tear is pretty amazing as the shoes look pretty good in the auction.
I have not read the ebay policies, but is it the case that the buyer agrees to whatever terms the seller specifies by bidding? And that the implicit agreement is enforceable as a matter of ebay policy and the law? I think that is what is being discussed. Those "dodging" this are arguing that the seller does not have the legal right to unilaterally shift the risk of loss in transit simply by so specifying in the listing. Now I don't know who is correct about this, but...
Might I ask what these shoes cost on ebay? There does seem to be some other wear on them, so I assume they were not sold as hardly worn.
I take your point, but I think that really goes to the question as to whether the shoes tore because they were brittle or some other reason. What if you bought a used lawnmower, you stareted it up, it mowed 10 feet and died. would you call that running when you bought it? Obviously, it won't last as long as a new one, but you do expect to get some use out of it. Now when you buy at a used car auction you know there are no warranties, express or implied, but I would think...
I think the question is not whether the seller acted in good faith, but whether the seller's description was accurate. The seller may have sincerely thought the exterior was excellent, but if it in fact was not, why should the seler's good faith matter? Of course, I have no idea as to what in fact caused the tear, but if the shoe was defective, and the seller is off the hook, the seller is profitng by his ignorance because if he had known the shoes were defective and he...
I am aware that there is usually some markuyp on shipping, although I don't think it takes 15 minutes to put a polo shirt into a priority mail package. My point is really, and I think you made the same point, that when I'm charged a shipping amount that obviously has a markup in it, it is irritating to be asked for an additional couple of bucks to insure a low priced item. It has the feeling of being nickel and dimed. Obviously, this is not true about an expensive item,...
Interestingly, and not surprisingly, I just bought 3 almost identical polo shirts on ebay from 3 different sellers. One charged $9 shipping, one $7.50 and one $4.65. All said shipping was by priority mail. All offered insurance. Somehow, I was more sympathetic to the low priced shipper's request for an additional amount for insurance than the others who were clearly charging more for shipping than it cost. At $9 to ship a polo shirt, I think delivery should be included...
Nice shoes, but the soles do seem a bit worn for 3-4 wearings. You must be wearing them around New Yoyk to all of those sales you go to. Well, I will think about them. I might be able to wear that size.t