or Connect

Posts by dave5

Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Because the auction contract doesn't say he has to! The auction rules are that a winning bid is a binding contract. and then contract law governs whether one can ask the seller if he/she is ready to perform before paying.
[quote=tonylumpkin;629570] Quote: Originally Posted by dave5 Correct. And nowhere does it say the seller is required to answer! But it does say that if you win you are required to pay. I suspect it says that if you win you have entered into a binding contract. At least that is the way it is always worded, not that if you win you have to pay. And then it is a matter of contract law as to whether one party has the right to assurances that the...
[quote=tonylumpkin;629543] Quote: Originally Posted by dave5 First, that is a very important and good question. One that should be asked BEFORE YOU BID! And, I never said anywhere that the buyer was asking for things that were not listed. What you fail to understand is that the seller isn't obligated under the terms of the auction TO ANSWER QUESTIONS. Nice way of doing business, yes. Obliged, no. The buyer, on the other hand, is obligated to pay if...
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Once again I never mentioned renegotiating. The buyers question is valid. The seller simply has no obligation to answer it. If the buyer is not renegotiating, why does the seller have no obligation to answer? Your saying that does not make it so.
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin I think it is you that is missing the point. This is from your original post: I agree with you that the auction was inaccurately portrayed and that you should not have to accept the camera without the warranty that she made part of the agreement. Where we differ is on the timing of your confirmation of the warranty's existence. The time to confirm that is BEFORE YOU BID. You have no right to confirm it after...
[quote=tonylumpkin;629437] Quote: Originally Posted by dave5 Your answer assumes things that became known after the original post. I agree that once the seller admitted that she didn't have the warranty the buyer would have been foolish to make payment, but at the time the OP asked the question (which is when I replied) he didn't know that. He was only guessing she might not. My point was that the time to thrash that out is before bidding, not after...
Quote: Originally Posted by Frittata The Lobb seems to be the Luffield ... perhaps my favourite rtw shoe And which colour? Parisian brown? Does not look like the Luffield pictured on the JL site
[quote=tonylumpkin;628186] Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh There's no no about it. When you placed your bid you commited to buy the item as described if you were the high bidder. If you had questions about it you should have asked and had them answered before bidding. Just because she didn't respond to your question, asked either before or after the auction closed, you don't have the right to assume that the seller won't live up to their commitment....
Quote: Originally Posted by Englandmj7 Bump for an uncourteous SFer who asked me to hold the books for an entire week, then never paid........... Still available. pm set. will take them. please send paypal info
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel I wish I had stocked up on those at the Zegna outlet when they had them. I got a pair for about $250 and I've seen a few going for $350 or so. $399 might be a bit rich for an opening bid though. the seller has sold a couple of identical pairs for substantially less if you check her recent feedback