or Connect

Posts by dave5

Quote: Originally Posted by gorgesailor SM oxblood, RLPL, Testoni boots sold. SM wholecuts on hold pending payment. Testoni suede loafers and SM pebble grain boots still available. Thanks to all. Are the SM wholecuts still available?
pm sent
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Alright, both Dave 5 and Rnldh. First off, I'm not here to make enemies of anyone. Dave, I apologize for getting a little testy in my last post. I am not a lawyer, a law student or anything more than remotely related to the field of law. I did however, before I made my first purchase on eBay, look into the process. I don't claim to be an expert but I do know that clicking that bid button is the same (at least to me)...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Dave, If your biggest problem is tonylumpkin putting you on ignore, then you are doing very well indeed As I said Tony has a lawyerly sense of mind in his reasoning. I too would like to see what he says to your above question. By the way, if you had needed to use the ebay or paypal dispute process youwould have discovered that ebay sends you to paypal in cases where you paid using paypal. Then, paypal...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Tony, What about this. Let's say I agree that I had an obligation to pay when I made the bid. But wen she sent the invoice, do you believe she had an obligation to answer any questions, since she posted payment instructions as she did. Didn't this become part of the terms of the auction? If she didnt answer questions at this point did I have a legitimate reason for cancelling the transaction? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Rnldh, I am very happy that your eBay auction was resolved amicably. My only point in this entire discussion is that questions on terms are for before you bid. Once you bid, you have voluntarily commited to the terms laid out in the auction and that means that disputes are handled through eBay or Paypal. This may be more troublesome, but it was your decision to bid before you were comfortable with the terms and...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai If I read the OP's post correctly, he was indeed to ask public opinions whether he should back out of the deal under the circumstances. Silence from the seller's end does not indicate that the seller would NOT comply with the auction term. (as matter of fact, one can ONLY assume the seller will comply with the auction terms, nothing more and nothing less) Albeit I agree it was a frustrating situation for...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think every buyer is entitled to reassurance, that is why ebay dispute process exists. Just because a seller does not answer a buyer's email questions, that does not give the buyer the right of backing out of the deal. To sum up, a buyer has every right to ask a seller questions at any time. If a buyer has concerns about accuracies of a listing, he/she shouldn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Read this thread from the beginning. Nowhere in his original post does rnoldh contend that he has any knowledge that the seller doesn't intend to completely fullfill her obligations under the auction. He merely wants to be reassured, so he has asked questions after the auction is over. The seller is not obligated to answer. Arnold asks if he is still obligated to pay. I answer, yes he is because he said he would by...
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin Alright, here it is quoted directly from the eBay policy guide: "Buyers cannot: Commit to purchasing an item (either by winning the item or buying an item in a Buy It Now listing) without paying." If you don't trust the quote have a look here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-overview.html The bottom line is that neither party can unilaterally void the auction. I don't see anything in...