or Connect

Posts by dave5

Quote: Originally Posted by fibonacci Um...yes? I have encountered resistance. In fact I am encountering it right now. Well, you shouldn't be. The measurements being significantly off is no different than if you buy a size 42 suit and get sent a 40 or 44. If you did not get what you bought, a refund seems obvious.
Quote: Originally Posted by GinoAGC This seems to be the most logical next step. The problem is that I removed all the info (measurements and pics) of the jacket from my listing after I sold it and I don't remember what they were so theoretically he could take photos of the same measurements I took and say that they are different and there is no way for me to prove otherwise. Of course now that you posted you don't have the original...
Quote: Originally Posted by fibonacci Is the general consensus here that if the measurements are significantly incorrect, the seller ought to be willing to accept a refund? Is this a serious question?
Quote: Originally Posted by greekgeek Negatory. You get much better protection if you pay by credit card because you can initiate a chargeback even if paypal won't help you. I have found Amex easier to deal with than paypal.
Quote: Originally Posted by wj2009 I guess if Paypal is determined to decide on its own what should be "personal" and what should be "purchase", then we just gonna have to do away with the "personal" discounts. MAKE SURE THAT WHEN YOU MAKE PURCHASE PAYMENT, PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD. PAYPAL ALWAYS WANT TO TRICK YOU INTO PAYING WITH PAYPAL BALANCE OR BANK ACCOUNT. MAKE SURE SWITCH YOUR FUNDING SOURCE TO A CREDIT CARD! I thought if you had a...
Quote: Originally Posted by WRAdvisor I agree. It just means that the seller is going to have to incorporate these fees into their selling price. It's really not that big of a deal. I mean, most sellers on SF include shipping into their price and the buyer loves that. The math is simple enough to just add a few bucks onto the price of your garments. I haven't studied the pricing since personal payments became available, but I'm not convinced...
Quote: Originally Posted by eddievddr10 Now 159!!! This Is A Sick Deal! pm sent
Quote: Originally Posted by frenchy more drops across the board these items gotta go PM on white charvet shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by somatoform No we don't, because as has been echoed throughout this thread, $240 shipping is without realistic precedent - it simply does not exist, no paralell in reality, and unless it is being hand-delivered with a blow-job and free dinner, categorically unjustifiable. If I were in the farthest corner in America from Canada, took a 2kg package to fed ex and told them to give me the $240 shipping option to Canada, they...
Without seeing the auction, it is difficult to determine whose fault it is, or who is in the wrong here. I am sympathetic to a buyer not noticing an outrageous shipping charge, but if the winning price was $200 less than it would have been with a reasonable shipping price, the buyer has not lost. In that case the only loser is Ebay, and I have not noticed many here sticking up for ebay, or paypal either, for that matter, with all the demands for paypal personal payments...